Status
Not open for further replies.

DaleP88

Reaction score
do any u guys like playin FM through steam or does anyone else think it was better when all u had to do was insert disc,run thn play. the only thing i like about steam is it updates it for u

More money SI make, the better they can play the game

As it stands FM has probably been the most popular game (each day) on steam for about the past 4 months consistently.

Each day it hits about 70k peak players on it. That doesn't include offline players.

If people want to pirate, let them, but FM is one game I'll always buy legit simply because I spend many many hours playing it.

It really depends on how steam wants to work i hate being made to wait for an update because steam servers are overloaded.I still prefer the offline way of disk.But i know they will continue with steam for a while.

I've always liked Steam, the auto update can be a bit frustrating if playing an online game, but easily prevented. The Steam community thing is probably my favorite thing. Not having to tab out and miss a 30 yarder is always nice. I hope it's with Steam again. Never had any issues with it that i havent been able to work around.

Like playing it through steam and getting auto updates plus like it helping SI get more money to make game better, hope it is the same on 2013! Also like steam community:)

Prefer it on steam. That way the copy won't get damaged and all you have to do is download it. And it ****** off the pirate community

Prefer it on steam. That way the copy won't get damaged and all you have to do is download it. And it ****** off the pirate community

You know it is still pirated right ?

Much less than it was every other year though
Plus pirates can't get updates (i think/hope)

I've always played it on steam, even when it wasn't compulsory. I enjoy being able to talk to people in game easily and do the achievements

Pirates can only get patched to 12.0.4 :'(

lol

I don't particuallary mind. I rarely use steam and don't really bother adding friends and all that i just play ther game and svae the debating to forums like this. Anyone like me????

It wasnt pirated for 8 days, quadrupled what they normally make, and they have so far hired 16 people because of the financial increase.

They havent made a decision yet, but I'm betting it will be Steam next year, but im sure they will demand improvements, especially for Mac users

FM is one of very few exceptions in gaming where i actually support it being Steam exclusive. I routinely pirate many games before buying, the idea of a "demo" is mostly excinct , many of them these days come out bugged to the point of being unplayable or are so short you can complete them over weekend. Considering how FM gives me good couple of months of playing for the same price, pirating it is just low.

i have bought every version on its release day and the only good thing about steam is the automatic updates!. i hate steam i think they should go back to the fm9 when you had to register your disc with them either by phone or online why should people have to put programmes on there computer they dont want or need im of the old addage if it aint broke dont fix it i have a pc and laptop and sega\sigames said that useing steam would stop pirates well it didnt cause i downloaded a pirated version on my laptop 3 days after its release and it worked perfectly i have since deleted it but i did it to prove a point pirates will always find away as much as i hate them for making me have steam on my computer

It wasnt pirated for 8 days, quadrupled what they normally make, and they have so far hired 16 people because of the financial increase.

They havent made a decision yet, but I'm betting it will be Steam next year, but im sure they will demand improvements, especially for Mac users

Those 16 people could be the difference between a repeat of previous games and some real new features and refinement of the current ones. So considering I have an internet connection I am completely in favour of Steam. + I like the achievements.

Last edited:
Irrelevant discussion. No chance of SI reversing this decision. Steam is a superior system in terms of preventing piracy as well as providing hassle free game updates.

This boring old argument of 'i don't see why i should be forced to have a programme i don't want on my computer' is pathetic. It's a tiny program that uses next to no RAM, it helps you far more than it hinders, particularly with automatic updates.

Anyone wishing to go over a dead argument can go and moan here where nobody cares, because this discussion is now ancient history: http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...n/83050-football-manager-2012-activation.html

Here's some further reading for anyone who still thinks downloading steam is like infecting your own cat with aids: http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/football-manager-2012-technical-help/85066-facts-about-steam.html

Little quote from Lee regarding the massive reduction on zero day piracy. The chump above claiming he downloaded it after 3 days is lying.

So you can't understand the financial reasons why they opted to choose one of the more hassle free DRM solutions?

It did prevent Piracy, in that regards the move to a Steam activation was a huge success. Zero-day piracy is what hurts games the most and that's what they were aiming to prevent. Did they? **** right they did.

FM 2008: cracked 1 day before release
FM 2009: shrugs
FM 2010: cracked 1 day before release.
FM 2011: cracked 5 days before release.
FM 2012: cracked 10 days after release.

Anyone who is willing to get their head out their own **** and accept that steam is here to stay, please use this thread if you have a technical problem with steam: http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/football-manager-2012-technical-help/85266-steam-help-thread.html

So once again, this is an irrelevant discussion, there's no chance of returning to the previous system.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.