Football Manager CV's

• Thread starter Thread starter ROFCcoach
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 4K

ROFCcoach

Reaction score
I'm interested to see what people have achieved on the latest game or any game. List as many saves as you like, I'm all ears!

As for me, here's a summary of a Journeyman save I finished a couple months back, starting unemployed.

ROFCcoach's FM13 Journeyman Save

(GER) Regensburg - 2013 & 2014
The first team I took over was German Third Division side Regensburg and came 5th in the league in my first season. As I wanted to win trophies in different countries around the world in this save I decided to have another season and won the title before resigning to look for jobs elsewhere.

(SPA) Almeria B – 2015
Was in the Spanish Second Division B4 and was 15th before getting sacked in March for performing below expectations of a top half finish. I went on holiday until the new season and applied for jobs in other countries.

(MAL) Singapore Lions – 2016 to 2018
Definitely my most consistent spell at a club in the Malaysian Super League. Came 2nd first season and won it second time around, was very unfortunate not to win the FA Cup in that country so decided to have another season (bit greedy) and won the treble including the Super League, FA Cup and Super Cup.

(BRA) Corinthians – 2019
Although they allowed me to finish the season, this was my worst stint as a boss as I got Corinthians relegated from the Brazilian First Division. They had no quality in the squad and work permits were an issue along with the best players leaving and most of the young talent of the future was still small time. Two sackings out of four teams managed.

(ENG) Exeter City – 2020 to 2024
Longest spell as manager was at Exeter for five seasons. The first two years I came 6th in League 1 and lost in the playoffs final to Stoke and Walsall. I won the league the following season as well as the Johnstone’s Paint Trophy. Feeling greedy again I wanted to see how I could fare in the Championship and struggled for two seasons, just surviving at 19th and then 20th; these relegation battles were the most fun I’ve had in this series. I was then 17th after the first 5 games in 2025 season and decided to resign.

(USA) Real Salt Lake – 2025
After going on holiday until the new MLS season began I landed a job at Real Salt Lake. The most boring league ever. 5th in the Western Conference and 8th in the overall league table, blah blah blah. Resigned…

(ITA) Lazio – 2026 & 2027
I applied for all the vacant jobs and was shocked to be hired by Lazio. Then I was like ****! They’re bottom of Serie B after 8 games, 3 points! What a season though, I turned them around and won the title! Best 7 months in this save as I only lost twice (both times to Palermo). After getting promoted I finished a solid 13th back in the top flight and WON THE COPPA ITALIA! Beat Milan 4-3 on penalties. Feeling like I’d done all I could do, I resigned to go back to England.

(ENG) Swansea – 2028 & 2029
This is where the story ends, folks. I missed out on getting the Welsh side back to the top flight by 2 points (lost to Cardiff on the final day and Watford pipped me to the post for 2nd). To make it even worse, Cardiff also beat me in the Playoffs final! The fans must’ve detested me. The following year I needed to make the playoffs as a minimum expectation and I finished 7th. YET AGAIN ON THE FINAL DAY! Ipswich beat me to it, oh well the third sacking.

Accomplishments

Won the Coppa Italia (2027)
Won the Malaysian Treble (2018)
Won the English Football League 1 (2022)
Won the Malaysian Super League (2017)
Won the Italian Serie B (2026)
Won the German Third Division (2014)

I'm interested to see what people have achieved on the latest game or any game. List as many saves as you like, I'm all ears!

As for me, here's a summary of a Journeyman save I finished a couple months back, starting unemployed.

(GER) Regensburg - 2013 & 2014
The first team I took over was German Third Division side Regensburg and came 5th in the league in my first season. As I wanted to win trophies in different countries around the world in this save I decided to have another season and won the title before resigning to look for jobs elsewhere.

(SPA) Almeria B – 2015
Was in the Spanish Second Division B4 and was 15th before getting sacked in March for performing below expectations of a top half finish. I went on holiday until the new season and applied for jobs in other countries.

(MAL) Singapore Lions – 2016 to 2018
Definitely my most consistent spell at a club in the Malaysian Super League. Came 2nd first season and won it second time around, was very unfortunate not to win the FA Cup in that country so decided to have another season (bit greedy) and won the treble including the Super League, FA Cup and Super Cup.

(BRA) Corinthians – 2019
Although they allowed me to finish the season, this was my worst stint as a boss as I got Corinthians relegated from the Brazilian First Division. They had no quality in the squad and work permits were an issue along with the best players leaving and most of the young talent of the future was still small time. Two sackings out of four teams managed.

(ENG) Exeter City – 2020 to 2024
Longest spell as manager was at Exeter for five seasons. The first two years I came 6th in League 1 and lost in the playoffs final to Stoke and Walsall. I won the league the following season as well as the Johnstone’s Paint Trophy. Feeling greedy again I wanted to see how I could fare in the Championship and struggled for two seasons, just surviving at 19th and then 20th; these relegation battles were the most fun I’ve had in this series. I was then 17th after the first 5 games in 2025 season and decided to resign.

(USA) Real Salt Lake – 2025
After going on holiday until the new MLS season began I landed a job at Real Salt Lake. The most boring league ever. 5th in the Western Conference and 8th in the overall league table, blah blah blah. Resigned…

(ITA) Lazio – 2026 & 2027
I applied for all the vacant jobs and was shocked to be hired by Lazio. Then I was like ****! They’re bottom of Serie B after 8 games, 3 points! What a season though, I turned them around and won the title! Best 7 months in this save as I only lost twice (both times to Palermo). After getting promoted I finished a solid 13th back in the top flight and WON THE COPPA ITALIA! Beat Milan 4-3 on penalties. Feeling like I’d done all I could do, I resigned to go back to England.

(ENG) Swansea – 2028 & 2029
This is where the story ends, folks. I missed out on getting the Welsh side back to the top flight by 2 points (lost to Cardiff on the final day and Watford pipped me to the post for 2nd). To make it even worse, Cardiff also beat me in the Playoffs final! The fans must’ve detested me. The following year I needed to make the playoffs as a minimum expectation and I finished 7th. YET AGAIN ON THE FINAL DAY! Ipswich beat me to it, oh well the third sacking.

Accomplishments

Won the Coppa Italia (2027)
Won the Malaysian Treble (2018)
Won the English Football League 1 (2022)
Won the Malaysian Super League (2017)
Won the Italian Serie B (2026)
Won the German Third Division (2014)
I don't have a story like this (i get attached to one team in a save and they only last around 4-5 seasons) but your story looks fantastic! :)

As SFolio said, respect to you for that save, I've never been able to do it. For me it's not so much getting attached to a team, it's just that usually after 5-6 seasons I get bored and start a new save (apart from when I start off with non-league clubs)

I usually stick with the same team but in my current save i started with Southampton and won the europa league 2nd season and in the 3rd i won the premier league and euro super cup, plus losing to man utd in FA cup, got offered loads of jobs this season but i decided to take the PSG hot seat, could not say no to a 200mill transfer budget, also man city finished 7th in this season so Kompany, Aguero, Feliani. baines were all transfer listed, so i took them with me & added erik lamela & isco, few games in so far and im demolishing teams!

I just physically can't manage a club other than Liverpool. I can play all day with another team. As soon as I turn the game off and come back to it whenever I do, I just don't have any passion for the save and never play it again.

Only accomplishment that isn't the standard win something with a big team was when I won the Portuguese PL with Pacos De Ferreria in the first season on FM 12, also to note I hadn't played an FM before that and it was my first save, so was well chuffed.

Atletico de Madrid: Liga BBVA
My last save in fm12 was my favourite I spent 7 years there and won a trophy every year. I bought back De Gea and had Bale also found a top striker at Porto called Thiabut Vion who forced me to sell Falcao in my 3rd year. My trophies were

2011/2012: UEFA Europa League, La Liga. 2012/2013: UEFA Champions League, Spanish Super Cup, Copa Del Rey, UEFA Super Cup, La Liga. 2013/2014: UEFA Champions League, La Liga, FIFA Club World Championship, Spanish Super Cup. 2014/2015: FIFA Club World Championship, Cops Del Rey. 2015/2016: Copa Del Rey, Spanish Super Cup, 2016/2017: La Liga, UEFA Europa League, Spanish Super Cup, 2017/2018: UEFA Champions League, UEFA Super Cup, Copa Del Rey, Spanish Super Cup.

That is 22 trophies.

Arsenal FM13
I always manage Arsenal and I have used them in 12 but my 2013 save was my favourite this year. I signed so many great players and by the end of my 25 years at the club (Yes I did a Fergie) I had won everything and did it with a team of British players. I sold Jack Wilshere for £120 million and one year made £335 million from outgoing transfers.

2012/2013: UEFA Champions League, Barclays Premier League. 2013/2014: Community Shield, UEFA Super Cup, FIFA Club World Cup, Premier League. 2014/2015: FA Cup, Capitol One Cup, Premier League. 2015/2016: FA Cup. 2018/2019 Premier League, Champions League, FA Cup, Capitol One Cup, Community Shield. 2019/2020: Community Shield, UEFA Super Cup. 2020/2021: UEFA Europa League. 2021/2022: Uefa Super Cup, Uefa Champions league, Premier league. 2024/2025: Uefa Champions League, Premier League, Fa Cup. 2025/2026: Premier League. 2026/2027: Premier League, Community Shield. 2027/2028: Premier League. 2028/2029: Community Shield. 2029/2030: Fa Cup. 2036/2037: Uefa Champions League, Premier League, Fa Cup.

The missing season I finished 2nd in the league and was runner up in the Fa Cup, Champions league most years or a semifinalist. The 2019/2020 season was my worst as I finished 5th and nearly got sacked but I kept my job and dominated the next two years finishing 2nd in the league and runner up for the Fa and Capitol One Cups. When I retired I had won 34 trophies which was awesome

Only played one save apart from an early play to learn the new features of FM13. I wanted to play in England as previous versions of the game I played in French and German leagues. Wanted to see if I could bring a small club up to the Premiership and find success. I chose Dag & Red. Knew nothing of the team or League 2. Just liked the name. I think they were predicted to finish mid-table when I took over in 2012.

12/13 Finished 3rd in League 2 and gain promotion.

13/14 Finished 11th in League 1.

14/15 Finished 1st in League 1 in a season I completely dominated. Promotion.

15/16 Finished 17th in Championship. Stadium underwent conversion from terraced to all seats. Played 6 games at my stadium this season.

16/17 Finished 6th in Championship and won playoff. Promotion. Stadium underwent another expansion and played 4 games at my stadium this season.

17/18 Finished 16th in Premier League. New stadium built. A whole 17,000 seats. Moved in the final 2 home matches.

18/19 Finished 12th in Premier League.

19/20 Finished 11th in Premier League.

20/21 Finished 5th in Premier League. Lost in semi-final of FA Cup. Get in the Europa League.

21/22 Finished 5th in Premier League. Get out of group play in Europe play.

22/23 Finished 6th in Premier League. Won the Euro Cup. This is the season where I handed over bringing in new players to the Director of Football and Head of Youth Development. They proceeded to sign every striker in the world when I did not need any strikers. Severely hurt my team and financial standing.

23/24 Finished 5th in Premier League. Won the Euro Cup. Won FA Cup. Took back control of signings and transfers. Lost my very own, in house developed Europe Golden Boy winner because my DoF gave him a new contract with a buyout clause.

24/25 Finished 4th in Premier League. Eliminated in Euro Cup semi-final and FA Cup sixth round. Get into Champions League.

25/26 Currently tied a top of the Premier League. Finally getting club back to even financial footing after the fiasco of the 22/23 season.

Over 750 hours into this save. No great success but I am proud of my accomplishments. I am still learning the game of football, or soccer over in these parts. I think the thing I am proud of is signing a bunch of 18 yrs on free transfers over the seasons and developing them into one of the strongest back lines in England and all of them have International caps now.

Only played one save apart from an early play to learn the new features of FM13. I wanted to play in England as previous versions of the game I played in French and German leagues. Wanted to see if I could bring a small club up to the Premiership and find success. I chose Dag & Red. Knew nothing of the team or League 2. Just liked the name. I think they were predicted to finish mid-table when I took over in 2012.

12/13 Finished 3rd in League 2 and gain promotion.

13/14 Finished 11th in League 1.

14/15 Finished 1st in League 1 in a season I completely dominated. Promotion.

15/16 Finished 17th in Championship. Stadium underwent conversion from terraced to all seats. Played 6 games at my stadium this season.

16/17 Finished 6th in Championship and won playoff. Promotion. Stadium underwent another expansion and played 4 games at my stadium this season.

17/18 Finished 16th in Premier League. New stadium built. A whole 17,000 seats. Moved in the final 2 home matches.

18/19 Finished 12th in Premier League.

19/20 Finished 11th in Premier League.

20/21 Finished 5th in Premier League. Lost in semi-final of FA Cup. Get in the Europa League.

21/22 Finished 5th in Premier League. Get out of group play in Europe play.

22/23 Finished 6th in Premier League. Won the Euro Cup. This is the season where I handed over bringing in new players to the Director of Football and Head of Youth Development. They proceeded to sign every striker in the world when I did not need any strikers. Severely hurt my team and financial standing.

23/24 Finished 5th in Premier League. Won the Euro Cup. Won FA Cup. Took back control of signings and transfers. Lost my very own, in house developed Europe Golden Boy winner because my DoF gave him a new contract with a buyout clause.

24/25 Finished 4th in Premier League. Eliminated in Euro Cup semi-final and FA Cup sixth round. Get into Champions League.

25/26 Currently tied a top of the Premier League. Finally getting club back to even financial footing after the fiasco of the 22/23 season.

Over 750 hours into this save. No great success but I am proud of my accomplishments. I am still learning the game of football, or soccer over in these parts. I think the thing I am proud of is signing a bunch of 18 yrs on free transfers over the seasons and developing them into one of the strongest back lines in England and all of them have International caps now.

What a fantastic career so far mate. Great success with a very small club. I am not sure about the DoF myself I tried it but he seemed to do the same as for you.

It has been frustrating with the DoF. Although I ended up making money on most all of those signings. It crippled my payroll budget and team cohesion for several years. When a third of your payroll budget is given to just two strikers (which you do not need btw), it hurts. I have sold the oldest of the two, but I still have to pay a portion of his wage to play against me! Some of the younger players they brought in look the most interesting. A few have scored on their debuts. Hope to sell them off and bring in homegrown talent who are completely frustrated at this point.

I want to continue on until I win the Premier League title, but Man Utd, have bought the best players in the world for the last decade and I do not see a way to unseat them. It would be something for my little team of over achievers to win the title. FM14 will be out by then I am afraid.

Last edited:
Back