Football Manager Live to Close

Sean

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Today it has been announced that Football Manager Live will shut down after the next in-game season.

Miles Jacobson, Studio Director at Sports Interactive, had this to say...

It is with great sadness that I have to today announce that Football Manager Live will be closing at the end of next season

Simply put, with the current level of subscribers, we can no longer afford to keep the game alive.

We’ve tried various marketing initiatives since the reset, including google advertising, mail shots to over 100,000 people who have declared interest in the game, as well as the constant advertising to people playing Football Manager 2011 via the in game advertising hoardings which have been very successful for the third parties who advertise in game, but none of them have seen a great upswing in new or returning users.

Read More: Sports Interactive Community

So what are your thoughts on this?

Personally I thought it was a good effort and that it was just ruined by a few hardcore users dictating how the game should be. SI definitely had a huge task and I'm surprised it was never more popular than it was as it was just a different take on FM that everybody knows and loves.

I was tempted to get this but decided against due to the testers of the game ruining for everyone and the hardcore players. Shame for the people who liked the game.

I played it on and off last year, and was thinking about going back as recently as today- But after todays news, there is no point. Was a fun game, but the teams could be so un-equal...

Glad I didn't bother now. Sounds like it was a few imbeciles who ruined it for everybody else. Hopefully they'll try again in the near future (in a different format) and not be dictated by everybody else.

Today it has been announced that Football Manager Live will shut down after the next in-game season.

Miles Jacobson, Studio Director at Sports Interactive, had this to say...

Read More: Sports Interactive Community

So what are your thoughts on this?

Personally I thought it was a good effort and that it was just ruined by a few hardcore users dictating how the game should be. SI definitely had a huge task and I'm surprised it was never more popular than it was as it was just a different take on FM that everybody knows and loves.

I couldn't agree more. When we were first invited into the initial beta testing it was great. They had an excellent system that was fair for everyone. Then like you said, a select group of users forced SI to change things and it was never the same. The game wasn't fun and was more of a chore than anything to play.

It's a shame because it was an excellent idea,one which could and should have been popular.

Shouldn't of banned me from the whole game, i would of paid. :p