Vinh Ta

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
I'm sure that many of us here love football manager (who doesn't? if you frequently visit here)
However, I wanna take it to another level.

Have anyone ever think about being a football manager/coach for a team when you get older?
I am seriously thinking about doing such thing. I mean, not a "real" manager of official teams, but I'd love to coach kids between the age of 6-18. More so like community teams for fun when I retire from my full time job ( i'm 19 mind you).

I know it's nothing like the game, and it never will be. However, I have the passion for football itself, as well as being a long time player myself. I was just wondering if any of you ever had the same thought?

Or I'm just being delusional?
Ok, maybe not the actual managing job, but a coach for a recreation team would be cool right:p
Hopefully those kids will listen lol.

i had the opportunity to at one point as my dad was a coach for my brothers team when it was something like under 9's or under 10's so i could have helped out then but I wasn't too interested at the time. If it's something you're interested in then you should cantact a local team and see if they need any help. it's definately not delusional because i know a few people around a similar age that were helping with a different age group at teh same club and i know a couple of people that reffed aswell, but not sure what level or age they reffed before going to uni.

I'm currently in a uni, and will only coach for fun when I am retired. Imagine being AVB, having a bad time dealing with the likes of lampard/terry, who are only a few years younger lol. But yea, that would be a cool job :)

have you ever thought about being one as well?

i thought about being a coach ealier this year but i currently don't have the time due to cyclspeedway and panto clashing with it at different times of teh year.

I'm 16 and really wanna give it a crack, already signed up for my level 1 and wanna go on to level 2 next summer and so on...I have excellent mentors around me and wanna see if I can get into the professional game. Looking to go on to do SportScience at uni as well

Love this Thread

@VinhTa: Why wait another 50 years? If you think you would enjoy it, get yourself down to your local Junior club and introduce yourself. It doesn't need to be a big commitment to start with, offer to help out / stand in for the current coaches when they need it. Small local junior clubs are crying out for volunteers.

@Adz_14 : Good on you! It's great to see you 'have a plan'. Getting the coaching badges and being involved is the best way to go and it looks like you have some kind of career progression in mind as well - it's far easier to get to where you want to be when you know which way to go.

I have played at a reasonable level, I have coached Juniors at u6, u7 u10 (the u10s came 3rd in the nationals!) and I have also refereed at both Junior and senior level and believe me, the game needs people like you involved. Young, energetic and doing it for the joy - there is no feeling better than seeing a 7 year old score their first goal or saving a penalty, small goals can make a huge difference in their development.