FORÇA JOVEM - VASCO DA GAMA

• Thread starter Thread starter bonowaxx
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 6K

bonowaxx

Reaction score
After several failed attempts to bring Boavista from the third tier of Portugal to the top flight, I decided to take the lessons I had learned in Portugal back to Brasil. To Rio de Janeiro. To Vasco da Gama.​

View attachment 245376

Club de Regatas Vasco da Gama , Vasco da Gama Rowing Club), usually known as Vasco da Gama, is a famous and traditional Brazilian multisports club from Rio de Janeiro in Brazil, founded on August 21, 1898. It was founded by Portuguese immigrants, and it is still traditionally supported by thePortuguese community of Rio de Janeiro and one of the most popular in Brazil, with more than 10 million supporters.

Vasco are Rio's second most supported club, behind Flamengo. When the two teams meet it's the most watched derby in all of Brazil. Growing up as a supporter of Vasco, I hate Flamengo. They start with a much stronger squad, with big names like Ronaldinho and Vagner Love, so it will be a challenge to defeat them.

I don't ever look at the editor profiles of players, I don't like to see the CA and PA of players, I like to go in fresh and sink or swim, as they say. My style has always been to buy young, invest in the youth facilities and build a strong squad. This will be no different, as Vasco have a loan debt of over $150 million. I'm not expecting a chairman that will reject too many bids.

My goal is to win the Serie A, then win the Copa Libertadores, perhaps the Club World Championship and, of course, to CRUSH FLAMENGO

View attachment 245377

We start in December 2010, so there isn't the typical transfer period at the start, we jump right into the State Championships, which I really could care less about, but it's my first shot at Flamengo!

December 2010
Staff additions:
I didn't want to revamp the entire staff due to lack of funds, I'm really gonna try to get this debt paid off within 4-5 years, if possible. So, I decided to keep all the current staff (nobody stood out as being horrible), I will replace them as their contracts come up. I did need some coaches, as well as 8 scouts (we started with just the one). So I signed the best available coaches and scouts without having to pay compensation to other teams.

Scouting network:
Being limited to South America, I assigned a scout to each of the six first divisions, with an extra scout for the lower divisions in Argentina and Brasilia. I usually only sign young players with potential that can make me a profit, with emphasis on free players.

Signings:
I managed to beat out Marseille for Ze Roberto's signature, so far he has been my only signing. I've been given 1.6 million as a transfer budget but unless I find a real gem I plan on being pretty tight with that. This policy should please my chairman, Roberto Dinamite (Oh yeah, that's his name). I've managed to persuade Dinamite to upgrade the youth facilities so I want to keep some funding in the kitty so that the plans aren't cancelled on me.

January 2011
Media prediction is 6th, odds of winning the first division are at 33-1.

Signed Argentine striker Faycunda Ferreyra for 1.2 million over 48 months, which only took a few hundred thousand from my transfer kitty.

More will be updated later, I'm having trouble uploading screenshots from my iPad so it will have to wait until I get home.

Rio State Open Group 1View attachment 245660
​After the first game, a 7-0 thrashing of Friburguense, I realized that my first eleven would not be needed to coast throughout the state championships so I used them sparingly after that. I played a 4-2-3-1 for the first 5 games and then pulled my AMC out for the game with Flamengo and used a DM.The crowds reflected the level of competition, with an average hovering around the 10,000 mark. The game against Flamengo was played at the Maracana, even though it was technically a home game for us. All games between Vasco and Flamengo are played at the Macarana as it is, quite frankly, the biggest game in Brasil.I apologize for the lack of details and screenshots for this portion. I'm really trying to breeze through the State Championships to get to the Serie A, at which point I will step it up.
View attachment 245661
Shine those shoes you dogs!

NOTES: ...Napoli's manager Walter Mazzarri has been attending some games to watch my big central defender, Dede. Malaga's manager has also been to watch him. How they have time to come and watch games in Brasil in the middle of their domestic season is beyond me.....Corinthians are after my right back, Fagner. they will never get him.......61,000 people attended the derby with Flamengo

Last edited:
Back