For people struggling.

• Thread starter Thread starter sefiruso
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 16
  • Views Views 3K

sefiruso

Reaction score
I posted a comment earlier this week having a right rant at the state of the game, well I've managed to turn it around and thought i'd share what i did.

Firstly do all your own team talks and press conferences on FM 12 i left all this to my assistant on FM i hired Johan Cryuff but still do them yourself.

Always do the conferences where you talk about your upcoming game try and unsettle the opposition, also to go along with this single out the weak link in the opposition team and label him there weak link this hasn't failed in 10 games so far. For example i singled out Carl Jankenson from Arsenal then set Bale on him down the left. You usual get the response that the player can't get Manager whatever words out of his head and is dreading the upcoming game.

Always do your match prep right after your previous game if it's way against a decent team focus on Defensive Movement for example if there a weaker team focus on Attacking Movement.

Have two working tactics switching mid game works a treat this year for me if you're struggling switch then if or when you get on top you can switch back to a more attacking formation and the momentum can carry forward especially if you break a smaller team.

FM 13 requires much more post and pre match interaction if you leave your team in the hands off your assistant you're likely to struggle especially after one oe two bad results ou can really really go into a huge slump.

I went 10 games with Manchester City winning once drawing 3 times and losing 6 times only scoring one goal. I've done all of the above and I'm on a 10 games winning run with 6 clean sheets my only blip in these 10 games was 3-3 away to Arsenal.

I hope this helps some people enjoy the game more :)

Yea, its really nice, but what when you're not with a top team? A lot of people are complaining and all of them manage a top team, but what about a weak 3 division team? will you be able to get a promotion to top division?

Oh I complain too, and I manage Burton Albion. I'm not expecting to pull up trees, but the success I've had has been by using a tactic so ludicrous it's kind of spoiled the enjoyment of the game.

For those curious. It's a 1-4-2-1-2 with a libero, back four, 2DMs, 1CM, and an AML and AMR. No strikers, but the opposing teams DCs come out to close down and that creates holes for the wingers to get chances.

Yea, its really nice, but what when you're not with a top team? A lot of people are complaining and all of them manage a top team, but what about a weak 3 division team? will you be able to get a promotion to top division?

I wouldn say my team was weak at all but I picked a team predicted to come 9th in Liga Adelante (Cordoba)

Now I tried to go with control as my main tactic I found it didn work so I switched to 4231 counter at home and 4411 counter away... This worked a treat I blew up the table ended up finishing top but after 10 games at the top I had to switch up and attack teams at home they got wise to the counter attacking...

This year in La Liga I made my pitch wide and short and play control at home using the pitch and my tactics Iv turned my home ground into a little fortress...

What Im saying is if you are an underdog I would use two versions of counter attack and build your third tactic from these principles and make it a solid control/attacking tactic for when you need a fresh option...
work ball into box, play wider and down flanks also helped me alot...

Im using a 4-4-2 with a high tempo and lots of width and im currently Newport County in the blue square south (they got relegated before i joined) and i have also found doing your own team talks and press conferances really do help im currently top after 9 games lost 0 and only conceded 4 goals!

This is very true, the team talks and press conferences have a much greater effect on player performance and morale, it no longer works to just buy a superstar team and obliterate the opposition.
Also I have found that if you resign players you have previously managed (currently 2018 in game) then they seem to perform more consistently/better for you. Plus regens on this game are OP... (little off topic I know but true)

This is very true, the team talks and press conferences have a much greater effect on player performance and morale, it no longer works to just buy a superstar team and obliterate the opposition.
Also I have found that if you resign players you have previously managed (currently 2018 in game) then they seem to perform more consistently/better for you. Plus regens on this game are OP... (little off topic I know but true)

Yea, but i dont think a team talk should change a result like 3-0 in the first half, then the other team scores 3,4 gols...thats not even close to realistic.
When my coach says we need to stay strong, and keep playing hard i dont think....uh, let me make some dumb mistakes and give away free goals....I work my *** off to secure the result

Last edited:
Yea, but i dont think a team talk should change a result like 3-0 in the first half, then the other team scores 3,4 gols...thats not even close to realistic.
When my coach says we need to stay strong, and keep playing hard i dont think....uh, let me make some dumb mistakes and give away free goals....I work my *** off to secure the result

So Tottenham losing 5-3 to United and 3-4 to City, Sweden drawing 4-4 with Germany, Arsenal 4-4 with Newcastle and the ever classic Liverpool AC Milan 3-3 never happened? Not to forget to countless lower league and cup games that have ended the same way. Not even close to realistic you say?

So Tottenham losing 5-3 to United and 3-4 to City, Sweden drawing 4-4 with Germany, Arsenal 4-4 with Newcastle and the ever classic Liverpool AC Milan 3-3 never happened? Not to forget to countless lower league and cup games that have ended the same way. Not even close to realistic you say?

Celtic 2 Barcelona 1 too. Anything can happen nowadays

I was aiming for the 3 goal plus ones, too many to name otherwise

Ah I see now lol. Yeah there's been a few. York 5 Man Utd 3 a while ago. Like you say too many to list

Yea, im sure all tha happened because the manager said something and the players got angry...sure mate

Yea, im sure all tha happened because the manager said something and the players got angry...sure mate

It's more likely inspiration from the opposition manager, and the leading team relaxing prematurely, thinking the game is won.

Your team talks will effect your players everytime though. If you are comfortably beating a team that you aren't expected to, and your manager isn't overly pleased, then you are likely to be disappointed that your efforts aren't rewarded with praise, it's only natural. If you step out onto the pitch at the highest level and have any negative thoughts, it's bound to affect your performance.

so whats the recommendation for when you play friendlies against amateur teams, have around 65% possesion, shot 18 times, and draw 1-1/lose?? (and this hasnt happened only once)

i'm truely awful at the new FM, its frustrating me something crazy, cpu seems to score at free will where as I can have 65% of poss, 25 chances and not even hit the target.

and forgot, every team talk they go in a huff its like can i get nothing right

FRUSTRATED.com

Like fuelledbypassion said, that's EXACTLY what happens. You clearly have no idea about football if you don't think when a team is losing at half-time their manager doesn't give them an inspiring talk about playing better in the second half to get the most out of the game, or even just rail-roads them, but that could effect their morale and make them play worse. And before you say anything, yes, players have morale in real life, it is a real thing.

i'm truely awful at the new FM, its frustrating me something crazy, cpu seems to score at free will where as I can have 65% of poss, 25 chances and not even hit the target.

and forgot, every team talk they go in a huff its like can i get nothing right

FRUSTRATED.com

The constant theme amongst struggling players is being too trigger happy to make changes.

If you select a top team from day one and drop some points, the single worst thing to do is make structural changes to your tactics or mentality.

The tactics need to knit together as well as the squad. The only things that any manager should work on incrementally are;

- Regen development
- Allocation of PPM's
- Tutoring (only used to pass on PPM's in bulk)
- Praise players (build relationships)

Your formation is - gasp - far less important than this.

Back