Foreign or English

• Thread starter Thread starter sprogyniro
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 1K

sprogyniro

Reaction score
I always seem to buy foriegners but feel guilty.
Is it sometimes better to buy English players to balance the team out with a mix or does this not have much effect on the game?
I am just finishing off my 2nd season with wigan and propably bought 5 foreigners at end of last.
I'm now after an aml or ml, dr, dl, understudy to kirkland, young striker willing to wait for is chance.

Well it would be most sensible to drop everyone else and sign in Irish! :D (JK)
I don't think it matters to much, I try to build my teams out of home nation (Ireland, N. Ireland, England, Wales, Scotland) players, but bring foreign players in for key roles, mainly to boost my attacking speed.

I also seem to buy foriegn players alot more than english players, i dont spend millions on english players like i do with foriegners and it doesnt make a difference to my team, but i do keep my eye out for good young rising english players.

well i buy foriegn players mostly for my first team but got some gr8 potenial english youngsters to fill in their roles

i just often buy foriegners for a bit of flair on the outside , like for my full backs , wingers and a striker , the rest i like to have british to have a solid spine to the team

Last edited:
i buy foreign players in the first couple of season then look to bring young english regens for the future

I like to have my team like this :

GK : Any nationality
DR : Home Nations
DL : Home Nations
DC : Home Nations
DM : Home Nations
MR : Foreign
ML : Foreign
St : Home Nations
St : Foreign

I like to have atleast 8 english players in my starting line up, i like having people from the hometown too as in derby games it helps.

But english players tend to cost double the price and have half the talent, like irl i suppose

I did a season in italy just to test the league out and I found that when I bought italian players or players that knew the language, the team bonded a lot faster and gained a better understanding quicker as well. So I guess it depends on what you are planning for. If you are planning for the short term (key buys in January (injuries?)) then I'd buy/loan a home national. If I'm buying for the future or building a team at the beggining of a season I'd buy who ever is best and affordable.

good left back, wel young 1 with good potential, mattock. dont really know of many other english players.

i only buy a foreign player if hes quality and need him for a certain role in my team. players from other countries are less likely to come to lower leagues in england. as for the premier league its rare if any team out of the 20 has 4-5 english lads in the starting 11? Foreign players just seem to play better maybe?

i tend to get foreign in for thei good value and then aim to bring in quality english players as i become more established and have more money

Whenever I'm looking to buy anyone, I always look for English first... even if it means having to go for an English player who maybe not as good as the best available foreigner! The only downside is they cost almost twice as much, however they blend in a lot quicker and also there is nothing better than seeing the England squad made up of entirely your own players!!!

I try to build my team mixed brazilian players (Alex teixeira, rafael carioca, ronaldinho, keirisson, adriano) and english players (barry, young, agbonlahor, milner, davies), so far is a good combination. ; )

Back