Foreign Player Rule?

Reaction score
Hi guys I am managing a side in the championship (hopefully soon the premiership!) how many foreign players can you have in your starting eleven?

Also I assume a scottish, irish, welsh player is classed as UK and not a foreign player?

Hope someone can clear this up for me :)

Thanks

Foreign players don't exist in the English leagues and there is no limit for foreign players in starting XI. I guess you play in Russia a lot to be saying that.

Yep, you can use as many players you want in your starting eleven. it only matters when you're registering your squad for the championship, premier league or champions league. So just buy the South americans :D

Thats odd because I went to play a game as cardiff in the championship and it asked me to to change the team as I did not have enough UK/British players in the side??? So why did it say that then guys?

I am confused now Lol

Its asking for HomeGrown, which isn't the same as "Domestic". To register players in an "The League" (Layer 1-4) you have to register at least 8 players that have been trained in England between 15 and 21(UEFA requires 4 of those players be trained at your club during the same timeframe). If its asking for more players, its because you didn't register enough homegrown players. After that 8, you can do what you want.

Unless its a club restriction or a custom database. I've never seen an English club require any amount of domestic players selected for a match.

Back