• Thread starter Thread starter djheslin
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 2K

djheslin

Reaction score
Hi

I need help - I play a Newcastle and am in my second season

My first season i finished 4th, winning the Carling cup and Europa cup.

My second season started well i was sitting in 5th and had just come top of my group in the champions league. I am now at the end of January my team cannot win for toffee. In the least 10 games i would say i rarely have 1 highlight a game and cannot score. In 22 games i have scored just 27 goals. I generally play 4 - 5 -1 with two inside forwards BA & Ben Arfa and Cisse with 20 finishing up front.

I have tried changing formation which worked for one game and then resorted back to no highlight in a game?

I have had a few team meetings which generally the squad react well to.

I have no idea what to do i now sit 12th and am only going downwards, does anyone have any advice?

When looking at the flow Of the game, would you say that most opponents now play different against you. Are top and middleteams now sitting deeper and play more compact ? If so, would you say that your tactic is one that in theory should break down these teams, being able to stretch their defence ?

I'm not too sure most games i have about 7 shots on tagets and several more off. I only play with key highlights from a 2D view because im having to use a poor quality laptop at the moment, but i will try and take note of how high their line is.

Only problem is the last 6 games in the league there are genrally only 1 highlight a game and it is usually a goal to them. so my games either end 0-0 or i lose 1-0. I focus my training on attacking movement when playing the poorer opposition but still seem to create no proper chances.

I'm not too sure most games i have about 7 shots on tagets and several more off. I only play with key highlights from a 2D view because im having to use a poor quality laptop at the moment, but i will try and take note of how high their line is.

Only problem is the last 6 games in the league there are genrally only 1 highlight a game and it is usually a goal to them. so my games either end 0-0 or i lose 1-0. I focus my training on attacking movement when playing the poorer opposition but still seem to create no proper chances.

Whats your general approach like ? My point is that if playing a more direct football on the break, using lots of runs from deep ( early in attacks), this might not work at all against teams sitting with men behind the ball. You either give away possession or when holding on to the ball, your opening runs to stretch the opponenst defence has been taken to early so when getting the ball into advanced positions, your players are actually standing still.

Back