formation familiarity

• Thread starter Thread starter lfckickass
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 7K

lfckickass

Reaction score
hi guys. i bought fm2013 a few days ago and i gotta say im hooked already! its amazing! love the interaction - well done SI!

i need some help though - how do you increase the squad familiarity with the tactics and formations you are using? i have set my training to be highly intensive on "team cohesion" but after 4 game months of playing with liverpool (who ive got to top of the league) my squad is still "awkward" with my tactics.

please help!

hey bud,

team cohesion is the way to do it, are you perhaps changing your mentality/formation/width/pressing etc every game (as you should be doing on this FM)

oh, and welcome to the Base :)

hey! thanks for the welcome! tbh i'm not changing anything from game to game, except for my starting 11. i know this game is supposed to be more difficult but im finding my team is just trouncing everyone without my needing to tinker - "if it ain't broke..." how long did it take for ur squad to get familiar with your tactics?

hey! thanks for the welcome! tbh i'm not changing anything from game to game, except for my starting 11. i know this game is supposed to be more difficult but im finding my team is just trouncing everyone without my needing to tinker - "if it ain't broke..." how long did it take for ur squad to get familiar with your tactics?

they are still not 100% fluid yet either, formation changes very often so that bar increases/decreases each game pretty much and I am in March already..

yours sounds like something is wrong though.. send a SS of your tactic screen with all the fluidity bars so we can take a look

hm ok then. i'm at work at the moment but i don't have my laptop, when i get home this evening i'll post some ss's. who have u taken over?

I thought that 'team cohesion' is basically teamwork last year - how the players settle in and get to know each other.
Shouldn't you set the training to 'tactics'?

hm thanks for that scotty, i'll give that a go

raikan007 - i'm pressing f12 to save a screenshot but i cannot paste it in to paint. how can i send a screenshot?

have exactly the same problem...thought it was a bug tbh but can't find any info about it

have exactly the same problem...thought it was a bug tbh but can't find any info about it

i googled "football manager 2013 training" and found this link really helpful: Guide to Training in Football Manager 2013 | Unigamesity

helps makes things v clear. basically setting general training to "tactics" helps them understand your formation but be careful - if you focus too much on this your players' personall attributes drop as they arent focusing on attacking/defending/ball control etc. as is typical of this fm, it's all about finding the right balance

hello raikan..i have started with my man utd. i'm using ur goals and galore tactics which has been phenomenal in the last fm 12. may i know how to speed up the tactic familiarity? i have been charged for 4 weeks but from what i saw, there's no improvement on the tactic familiarity. i set general training to tactics in heavy intensity while using match prep as def. positioning. any idea to increase the tactic bar?

Back