Formations that seem to always beat you.

• Thread starter Thread starter Mallakith
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 1K

Mallakith

Reaction score
Just wondering as an interested question if anyone else out there finds that some formations you play against seem to always beat you regardless of who is playing it.

It got to the point where I started replaying games - not in my actual save I hasten to add - just to see if my squad rotation was causing issues and nothing I do seems to stop my being hammered by league 2 clubs.

I really dont want this to descend into a moan but... why are some formations such bogeys for my team lol.

I don't have any but I hear that a lot of people struggle against the narrow 4-2-3-1 and the AI struggles against anything with three STs if they don't have three CBs so humans probably struggle against that too as most of us use the standard back four.

3-4-3 that Arsenal use in 2012/13. Very confusing to deal with, someone is inevitably left unmarked.

3-4-3 that Arsenal use in 2012/13. Very confusing to deal with, someone is inevitably left unmarked.

Same in my game they won champions cup twice with the same basic team in that formation plus cavani, douglas costa and andre ayew

I don't have any but I hear that a lot of people struggle against the narrow 4-2-3-1 and the AI struggles against anything with three STs if they don't have three CBs so humans probably struggle against that too as most of us use the standard back four.

Yeah I tend to struggle against that narrow 4231 and the diamond 442 as well. I'll still end the game with more shots on goal and at worst even possession but the opposition have a lot more chances with those formations and I often win by 2 goals max whereas I can regularly smash teams 6-0.

I tend to always struggle against 4-3-1-2, most commonly used by Villarreal. No matter what formation, what players etc I use, I just can't beat it. It especially doesn't help that my team always play like amateurs. Interestingly enough I don't struggle against the narrow 4-2-3-1, mainly because I personally abuse that formation and also because I haven't ever found many teams who use it. Most seem to prefer the wider version, at least in my game.

Back