Former Millwall player given life for murder.

• Thread starter Thread starter JP Woody
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 25
  • Views Views 3K

JP Woody

Reaction score
A professional footballer who shot dead a man on a north-west London housing estate has been jailed for life.
Former Millwall striker Gavin Grant was found guilty at the Old Bailey on Friday of murdering Leon Labastide in Harlesden in 2004.
Jurors heard the 26-year-old from Kenton, north London, was involved in a series of "***-for-tat" shootings on the Stonebridge Park Estate.
The judge at the Old Bailey said Grant must serve a minimum term of 25 years.
In 2007 Grant was cleared of killing Jahmall Moore, 22, who was targeted by three gunmen two years earlier.
But he was charged with Mr Labastide's murder when new witnesses came forward.
Gareth Downie, 25, from Markby Road, Birmingham, was also convicted of murdering Mr Labastide.
Damian Williams, 32, from Tower Bridge Road in Southwark, was found guilty of conspiracy to murder. They are both awaiting sentence.
During his career Grant also played for Bradford City and Wycombe Wanderers.

GOOD

(why couldn't they do the same for Marlon King etc)????

Yes Marlon King is a ****** but he did not kill anyone. This guy has shot someone dead so it is deserved.

Lee Hughes is another one that should have done more time inside for killing someone with his car.

i wont get to much into detail but its not life is it!!

To be fair, Roy Keane did a few things on the pitch that would have amounted to aggravated assault anywhere else;p

Good, that's what you get for trying to be a gangster you mug.

Oh for gods' sakes. It's something like 40 years. He'll be an old man by the time he gets out. It's as good as life. Let it go.

He's got a minimum of 25 years so he'll on be in his 50's when released.

Good, that's what you get for trying to be a gangster you mug.

He's got a minimum of 25 years so he'll on be in his 50's when released.

so thats not life is it??? he should be let out when he is in a coffin simple as that.

Actually, it depends. If it is whole life order, then it is definitely life, there until they die. I don't think this is though, so it probably doesn't apply here.

His minimum term is 25 years. MINIMUM term. He is most likely going to spend a lot longer in there.

And honestly, I think 25 years is pretty **** adequate. I'm a great believer in second chances. He's done something truly awful, yes, but how does it reflect on us if we condemn him forever for doing it?

This happened around the corner from my house. Used to hang out in those estates all the time until the shooting happened then I was never allowed there ever again because I was 11 at the time and now they've been knocked down. Being rebuilt now but I remember when it happened nobody knew what to think of it even though the area is known for being very rough and gang infested.

As far as I know, the 25 years is the time he'll serve until his parole hearing, where they decide to release him or keep him in, it's most likely he'll be in for longer than 25 years, but as I say this is only as far as I know, not 100% sure on prison rules :P

Actually, it depends. If it is whole life order, then it is definitely life, there until they die. I don't think this is though, so it probably doesn't apply here.

His minimum term is 25 years. MINIMUM term. He is most likely going to spend a lot longer in there.

And honestly, I think 25 years is pretty **** adequate. I'm a great believer in second chances. He's done something truly awful, yes, but how does it reflect on us if we condemn him forever for doing it?
he wont get parole first time round so he'll do probably 30 years, and come out fairly broken old man, whose dreams have been taken away, and he'll spen the rest of it on minimum pension in deep regret. fitting punishment

I second that never heard of him but his a **** thinking he issick shooting someone

so thats not life is it??? he should be let out when he is in a coffin simple as that.

I didn't say it was life.. I was trying to say coming out in his fifties is hardly an 'old man'

Life is 25 years, he'll probably get out after 20 on good behaviour.

Back