mcbgun

Reaction score
I am interested to know what consistently works for people managing LL teams. I myself always seem to do well by sticking to the same tried and trusted formula as detailed below:

Sort your staff out first before anything else. See how many coaches your allowed and then firstly get an assistant manager with the highest judging player ability rating you can get. Then do your backroom staff. My theory, which could be utterly wrong lol, is to get as high a coaching rating in strength and aerobic as possible as from what I have read, physical stats matter more in the lower leagues than anything else! I then try and have a good defence coach and shooting coach and if possible attacking coach. Admittedly, chances are, everyone will be on part-time contracts so the effects of training are greatly reduced, but I've assembled a backroom team that enables me to have at least 3 star ratings in all departments and the effects are defintely apparent as there are green arrows everywhere on all the players' stats!

Essentially though, my main concern is having an assistant to act as my scout and to recommend players for my team. I've done this with my thurrock save and have bought only players recommended by him.....the result.....2 successive promotions!

I use BROB's Unbeaten 11.3 tactic V3 rarely, set team blend on very high until all bars are filled, arrange friendlies with australian teams to improve the bank balance pre season and perhaps most importantly, use the principles outlined in Wolfgang's team talk thread.

What do people think? Any other tips and tricks to succeed in the LL's?

I tend to do a lot of the same things as you, seems to work out well especially having an assistant w/ high JA. I also try to employ 2-3 scouts, 2(or 1 if only 2 total scouts) with highest JA (at least 10, hopefully higher) I can find to join me to scout older players to bring in and give the team a boost, and 1 with high JP (same as JA, 10+) who I use to scout unattached youth with high potential in first season to bring in and train up to sell for a profit a year or two later.

And of course, loaning top players and finding players released from top division clubs to help boost me up the league ladder.

I normally sort out the staff first of all too. Assistant Manager with a good Determination, Discipline, Motavation and Tactical Knowledge because i use him for the Opposition Instructions mainly. Also Man Management and any coaching abilities like defending is a bonus. I tend to find scouts really easily. In the lower leagues you can go as low as 12 for the judgements. I get a scout with tactical knowledge to do next opposition and then a good current ability judging scout and a good youth. I get in a fitness coach and some regular coaches with attack for 1 and defence for another and try for technique if possible. Getting all the training stars upto 3 asap.

The best way to make money other than friendlies is by buying youngsters with potential to be leading in the Championship, League 1 or League 2. If you play them some games you can turn them over quite quickly.

As for tactics im a strict custom 4-4-2 man. I plan my teams around whats already there to get an idea of where i need to improve and then loan in the players drastically needed and keep a keen eye on the free transfer list picking up players like Calum Davenport and Collins John first season. Another helpful tip is when buying free players keep an eye if the players agent gets sacked because then you save a packet on the agent fee.

Im Huddersfield atm and sitting comfortably in the Championship in the 2nd season after finishing 2nd in League 1 last term. Only downside this year is that i upset Jordan Rhodes a little earlier in the season and hes gone THIRTY-TWO HOURS without scoring and then got injured for 3 months. so hes gonna miss the end of the season thank god. He banged in 6 in about 10 games before the dry spell though.
Next season i want to challenge for promotion but if a good League 1 challenge comes around then i might move on to somewhere else as i want to see how many promotions i can get and do abit of a Neil Warnock.

Hope this helps LLMs! And good luck.