• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 15
  • Views Views 650

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
sGG8E.jpg

Birmingham goalkeeper Ben Foster makes himself unavailable for England duty for an indefinite period to help prolong his club career.

More...

Only 28, had some good performances for Birmingham this season. He's good to have around as a Number 2. Although may give some younger guys a chance to get involved in the squad.

Doubt he would if he was first choice.

Shame really. I felt he had something to offer.

Well, that's a bummer. Just as soon as we had No. 1 and 2 sorted he pulls out. Shame, he's a good keeper who has really developed.

I guess he doesn't really want to travel around everywhere knowing he's not going to be first choice. Similar to Carragher really

The english bench will never recover from this loss.

help prolong his club career... made me lol :)

like if he is ever going to make the squad in the 1st place...

Anyone else find it funny Zanetti is playing his 1000th match today and Foster is complaining of fatigue?

I guess, aha. But almost every time I see him he makes errors (like Liverpool-Birmingham this season)

Well, every keeper screws up every once in a while. Pepe had a few blunders of his own, even Casillas blew it against Zaragoza.

I don't really understand any of this 'prolonging their club career' business. hardly hinders your development unless you get injured.

Back