France's Lassana Diarra ruled out of the World Cup

Mike.

Staff member
Reaction score

France's Lassana Diarra ruled out of the World Cup

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/world_cup_2010/8698918.stm

France midfielder Lassana Diarra has been ruled out of this summer's World Cup with a stomach injury.

The Real Madrid star, 25, has been ordered to rest for an "indefinite period", according to a statement from the French Football Federation.
Diarra, who made coach Raymond Domenech's 24-man shortlist for his 23-strong World Cup squad, suffered the setback on a team trek in Tignes.

A replacement has not yet been called up for the former Portsmouth player.
Domenech has until 1 June to submit his final selection to tournament organisers Fifa, but can include players from outside the group of 24 he named on Monday.
Diarra's injury might force a recall as he is one of only six midfielders in that provisional group.

Unlucky him dissapointing for him but it is so for Ballack and maybe Gareth Barry. He should move on and get his fitness back should do the David Beckham and still g out and support his country from the stands

That is a massive blow for France, I am only saying this because he used to play for Chelsea!

Good news for every team apart from France.

Big blow for France. I wonder if Domenech will think about calling Vieira up? I heard though that Domenech may use Abou Diaby. Well all I got to say is good luck.