Ma-Li

Reaction score
I'm sorted with Corners and am scoring plenty of goals from them, but only scoring a few from Free Kicks & Throw Ins, so was wondering if anyone has found a way to increase the amount of goals they get from them???

Well Try Best Header for freekicks XD always works for me, for Throw Ins try quick to catch them off guard XD

Cheers for that, but actually meant positioning, eg: Mark Keeper, Stand with Taker, Near Post, etc .....

do free kicks for best header...you cant do anything else with marking the keeper..thats only corners..meaning do the same thing for free kicks as u do with corners

So does no-one actually have any specific player instructions for Attacking Free Kicks or Throw Ins???

Like has anyone tried sending their 2 CB's up for a long throw or to disrupt the wall during a free kick???

I'm have real problems finding a routine and currently I'm in April and have scored 1 from Direct and 4 from In-Direct!!!! Aaaaarrrrggggghhhhhh........

Am still trying to figure this out too. But for direct free kicks - get players with decent finishing and long shots (>15). If they have PPM like place shots in corners etc it helps. I have Xavi Alonso and Rafael VDV on the team and together they can get around 10-15 goals per season from free kicks.

Does anyone on this forum have a tested method of attacking freekicks and throwins. Surely there is huge scope to score from these. I have seen how taking the time to fix Attacking Corners can lead to great things. Surely the same is for the other set pieces.

When i was managing Workington i got about 7 amazing goals from throw ins near the byline, the ball would be thrown into the penalty area and if it wasnt cleared by one of the defenders my attacking midfielder volleyed it straight into the back of the net. But i have absoloutly no idea as to why it happened more than just a few pure flukes.

Okay throw ins, the best headers are strong, have good anticipation, jumping and heading. If they happen to be 6'7'' as well that helps. All I do is find my best long thrower and get him to launch it. Put your selected couple of players as near post. That should increase your goals from throws.

If you are Man Utd for example then get Ferdinand and Vidic marking the keeper and then he might make a mistake.