Free Screen Recording Software

• Thread starter Thread starter RyanAJWood
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 1K

RyanAJWood

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I could download free good quality screen recording software which I can use to record Lets Plays of Football Manager and upload them to Youtube? I know a few like Fraps and Camtasia but if I'm correct they cost money to use.

Fraps do have a good trial which you can use, although it is significantly better if it's the purchased version. Camtasia Studio is fantastic, but as you said, it is paid software as well.

I know CamStudio is a popular open-source screen recording software and I've also heard that Audacity is also good, although it is only for sound record (not video) so you may want to get something else to go with that - if you decide to use it.

I'm sure a quick Google search for 'free screen recording software' should be able to find you something (especially look for blogs with polls on them, which rate the softwares so you know which ones are the best)! Good luck!

If I remember correctly, I ditched Camtasia when I tried it because there was no quick key (or configurable one) for start and stop recording, plus having to save it as at the end of it, which was unfomfortable for me, as I wanted to be able to start stop any time during a game.

Back