mkdons4eva

Reaction score
This will be the 3rd year of trying to play FM, before I realise it its ruining my life.

One area that I have always struggled with, is improving my team by signing players. I always manage the team I support, MK Dons, but as of yet have not had much luck and usually end up quiting the game in anger.

Anyway, I start the season with 100k, which really isnt enough to buy anyone who is any better than the players I start with. Now, in real life, league 1 and 2 teams usually make free transfer signings, and only the odd club actually spends money.

My question is, how and where do I find players that are not wanted by their club and are willing to be let go on a free? Usually this will be a Championship player who doesnt get a lot of game time, or a youngster from the Premier League. Usually I use the loan market, but getting a bit sick of that as already have quite a few.

Thanks in advance.

Just look for players who aren't at clubs anymore, as they're your best bet's alongside loanees. On player I tend to sign on my Orient save, is Tomas Repka at CB. Incredibly consistent and never seems to be injured. He always puts in a great shift when he plays, which allows me to sell Baudry who went to reading for 1.5m. [I don't know how I managed to rob them but hey-ho!]

But I tend to sell high value players, if I can bring in a decent replacement for alot less. [Loans/Frees] as I then have funds to spend on young talent, which I will use in the Championship/BPL when i'm promoted.

Player Search > Transfer Listed > Asking price 0. Also look for free agents. Sign players who's contracts are expiring for free. Very cheap way to gradually improve your squad.