Abdinho

Reaction score

From Rages To Riches - The Hayes & Yeading United Story

View attachment 257899

Jul 1 2011

Breakdown In Talks at United​

View attachment 257902
Nas Bashir

It is BBC London's understanding that in the last few hours the almost completed deal making Nas Bashir the new coach at Hayes and Yeading United have broken down. The cause of this is unsure, but it seems like United will once again be on the look for a new manager after the resignation of Garry Haylock.​

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View attachment 257901

Jul 4 2011

Hussain Bookies Favourite​

View attachment 257903
Derek Goodall

In a strange twist to the Hayes & Yeading United managerial issue, the relatively unknown Abdi Hussain has been named the favourite to take over the United hotseat. Hussain, 26, hasn't been in football for over a year after having to retire from playing football after a serious cruciate ligament injury suffered during a stint at North Greenford United. We have approached H&Y chairman Derek Goodall about these rumours but he was unavailable to talk to us.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View attachment 257899

Jul 6 2011

Hussain Named Manager

View attachment 257904
Abdi Hussain

Hayes & Yeading United chairman Derek Goodall has announced via his Twitter account that bookies favourite Abdi Hussain has been handed a 2-year contract to manage United. Goodall proclaimed this a "monumental day in United's history", and has dismissed doubts concerning Hussain's age and inexperience, stating that he is "the right man for the job". A press conference has been scheduled for tomorrow.

View attachment 257910

7 Jul 2011

Hayes & Yeading Press Conference

View attachment 257911

Abdi Hussain, you sit here as the new manager of Hayes & Yeading. Is this your dream job?

I'm just pleased to be here after my footballing career was almost ruined little over a year ago. I'm very thankful to Mr. Goodall for trusting me with this position.

Your a relatively unknown entity in football, do you think this may have an effect on your players?

I hope that my players are professional and are focused on the job in hand which is taking United to the Football League. If these factors are there then my age or inexperience will mean nothing.

New managers often bring about massive upheavals. Will you be making many changes?

I do plan to sign players to get us to the level we want. But this is also an opportunity for the players already at the club to prove to me that they deserve to be apart of this journey.

What would you say is your tactical approach to the game?

I am a massive fan of attractive, pass and move football. I want to take a leaf out the the books of Rinus Michels, Arsene Wenger and Pep Guardiola. I hope to encourage this type of football throughout the club.

Different managers favour different competitions. Will you be concentrating primarily on getting good results in the league?

The league has to be my priority, the fans want to be in the football league and I want to do this for them. Success may not come straight away but definitely we'll be doing all we can to make sure we finish as high up the table as possible.

Thank you for your time Mr. Hussain and good luck.

Thank you very much.​

Last edited:
Pre Season Frendlies

View attachment 257968

H&Y 3-0 H&Y Reserves

Dover 2-2 H&Y

H&Y 1-4 Aston Villa

Sutton Utd 0-2 H&Y

Walton & Hersham 0-4 H&Y

Carshalton 2-3 H&Y

H&Y 1-5 Brentford

I'm not too bothered with the results, but it's encouraging to see that I've scored in every single match, even those that I've been thrashed in. I'll give an update on all the transfers at United in the next August report.​

my FM has just crashed on me tonight so i've had to delete this save :@ i don't know if any mod out there could remove this thread but that would be much apprieciated. i hope to make another story in the near future

Back