• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21
  • Views Views 3K
Status
Not open for further replies.

Frank

Hobbs
Reaction score
Well, it's about time I introduced myself. I'm Frankie Hobbs, and I'm quite new to this whole new world of football.
You see, I always knew I would never be good enough to play at the highest level, so I've decided to go down a different route. I am a wannabe football agent, and hope to be one day looking after some of the worlds top athletes, and hopefully pocket a nice paycheck.

Of course I realise that I won't walk straight into the top jobs, so will have to start small. Being an agent should be something I might be quite good at. I'm intelligant, and also quite good with money. Hopefully being an agent will help me stay with the game I love, as I have a passion like no other for this beautiful game.

So, where to start?

# # # #​

Well, I don't seem to have Arsene's number, so I was stuck to looking around on the web. I really didn't know where to look, and what I was looking for. Nevertheless, I rang up local football club Hayes and Yeading United, a club whom I've been following since they were formed in 2007. I liked to think talking to someone would be better than sending an E-mail.

On the phone, I was suprised to hear the Club Chairman, Derek Goodall, he said to me, if I was applying for job as the club doctor. I quickly put to bed these thoughts, and told him that I wanted to get into agenting, and was looking for clients.

He said that I would have to talk to the players directly, as this is not something the clubs deal with. So, I put the phone down, got my oyster card (I couldn't afford a car), and hopped on the U4 to go down to the famous Church Road.

I arrived just as I saw players leaving the ground, I assumed they had training or something, as it was 3pm on a tuesday afternoon. They all had pretty decent cars, and all looked very tired. I gave them a wave, but none replied. I waited for a few minutes, and there was only one car left in the car park.

Another 5 minutes had passed before a short-ish, half-cast fella strolled out of the ground, he looked like a bit of a cool dude, and probably spent the longest in the shower. Nevertheless, he walked up to me, and greeted me. He told me his name was Dale. Of course I knew who this was, it's Hayes and Yeading winger Dale Binns. I tried to keep as calm as I could, before introducing myself.

He then asked me if I had ever been to a Hayes game. I revealed my ambition for the Missioners, and he chuckled a bit. He then said the words which could change my life forever.
He asked if I had a job. I told him the truth and he looked as if he felt sorry for me. He then asked me if I wanted to help him with paperwork, and all admin things. I took no more convincing, and shook his hand immidiatly. We then exchanged numbers, and he gave me a lift back to mine, and said he would call me later.

I had finally found a job to do with football.

Last edited:
Wow, super start Frankie, that was a good read.

Can't wait to read more.

Good Luck.

:)

Intriguing idea, will be following, looks pretty good

He told me his name was Dale. Of course I knew who this was

It was Mike Dale (A)

Enjoyed that first read, looking forward to seeing more out of this interesting story. Good luck.

Took our idea without me Frankie :'(

Good luck mate.

I went back to my house in Hillingdon, put my feet up, and switched on Sky Sports News. Just before I could get comfy, my phone started ringing. It was Dale, he told me to head to the training ground tomorrow as he needed to sort a few things regarding his contract, and he needed me to help him negotiate a new contract with Hayes as his current deal only had a few months left to run, and it was clear to see Gary Haylock wanted to keep Binnsy at the club.

So a day later, I headed down to Church Road, again usign my trusty Oyster, and was invited to the managers office upon arrival. I introduced myself as Dale's agent, and he told me that Dale was one of a minority at the club with agents. I laughed it off, and got straight into buisness about Dale's new contract.

We discussed his current deal, he is currently on £350 a week, and I told Gary that I think he is worth more than that, his current form is great, and if Hayes don't snap him up, I think someone else will, and they will give him the £500 p/w he deserves. Gary considered, and then told me that he is willing to stretch to 400 p/w. I said, this is not what Dale wants, i'm sure we can do buisness elsewhere. I knew players like Fitzgerald and Cadmore were on £450-500 p/w so my man could surely get a deal like that. We reached a figure of £460 per week, with a £25 goal bonus and appearance fee. And a signing on fee of £2000, this is a deal I didn't expect we could get. All that was needed was Dale's signiture. We agreed to meet tomorrow to sign the contract.

I walked out of the office and quickly rang up Dale, he was on his way to training, and he seemed delighted, he even said if we really did sign a deal like this, he would let me have the signing on fee. Of course I was modest and played down my work, but I think I'm in Dale's good books now. All points lead to tomorrow, and hopefully this will boost Dale's performances for the rest of the season.

Last edited:
Great read Frankie.

Loving it so far, keep it up.

Well, all was good with the contract, that was signed and everything the other day. It is now Friday, and with the big game tomorrow, Hayes were playing Wimbledon, and after starting the season well, this was a big game if they were to stabalise themselves as a Blue Square Premier club. I'll be heading down to church road to see how my man gets on. Must get some sleep though. Oh, what the heck, a session on football manager won't hurt.

Well, after quite a session on FM, I woke up at 1300, had a quick shower, got dressed, and headed down to church road. Instead of catching the bus, my dad agreed to give me a lift. I was dropped off at the ground, and was about to que up to get a ticket. Then I remembered that I'm Dale's agent, and that he gave me free tickets. I got these out and walked straight through.

The game started, but Binns didn't. He was on the bench today, with Toby Little getting the nod for the left midfielder's position. I was standing by the dug-outs, and called Dale's name. He came over and we had a little chat. He was very dissapointed with not starting, especially after Gary haylock saying how important he was in the contract meeting.

Wimbledon looked a very accomplished team, and they turned the screw, quickly racing to a two-nil lead. Then, just before half-time, Tom Cadmore rifled in a free kick from 25 yards out. This gave hayes a lifeline. The players came out for the second half, and Dale was not among the players on the pitch. I was hoping to at least see a bit of my man play. I had to wait until the 78th minute when Dale Binns replaced Esmond James, with Little switching to the right side of midfield. Dale was quick into action, using his electric pace to skin the right back, then whip in a cross for Scott Fitzgerald to bang in. 2-2, the game was on. Hayes continued to apply the pressure but it ended 2-2. Dale will have all the reason to be happy with his performance.

I need to go home and get changed as Dale has offered to go out for a meal, to discuss how we can take things forward.

Last edited:
# # # #

Well, a long time since I have written in this diary, and a lot has changed. First off, Hayes survived in the Conference Premier, and Dale got a nice little bonus for doing so. Me and Dale have learned to get along very well now. I get on quite well with most members of his family, and we seemed to have hit a good spell. Being an agent, I think I've done a pretty good job. Dale seems pleased, and eventually, I will look upon the higher end of the market.

Oh, forgot to add, I'm now a qualified Coach! And have just been offered a great little job, managing Wealdstone u18's, it's quite handy, as I used to play for Wealdstone, so I am aware of the set-up. Shoot, must go now, need to prepare for the after season night on the town with the 'Ayes lads. I should be updating this diary more now.

Ah, we're getting along nicely now are we? :D

Nice little update.. is it supposed to be in the General Chat section?

Ah, we're getting along nicely now are we? :D

Nice little update.. is it supposed to be in the General Chat section?

We'll see Michael, Football Manager could be involved one day.

# # # #

So, the season was over, and I had already sorted out Dale's contract for next year, looked to be a pretty easy summer then, sitting back in the sun, watching England fail miserably in South Africa. I was sitting in my front room thinking this, when I suddenly got a phone call. I didn't recognise the number, put decided to pick it up anyway, not knowing the consequences of my actions. What was to follow, is a moment which could change my life.

Hello?

Hello there, is this Frankie Hobbs?

It depends who's asking..

It's Thomas, I hear you're a football agent?

Well, sort of, I help out a Semi-Professional football with admin.

Would you be looking to go full time, with say, a professional footballer?

What? Did I hear right? What Division are we talking..

None other than the Barclays Premier League..

Excuse me, your full name sir?

Thomas Bendtner

One second Sir...

I literally jumped up for joy, this was Nicklas Bendtner's dad. If I could get in with one Premiership footballer, who knows what else could unfold. I calmed myself, and began discussing terms with Mr Bendtner. He told me about how he couldn't be dealing with being Nicklas' agent at his age, so he wanted someone younger, and they found me! It comes to show that dreams can be made. I was told to visit Bendtner's house in North London tomorrow. I wouldn't miss it for the world.

It was only a matter of time before the name 'Bendtner' Came up. Good read Frankie.

If only this was real life eh?! :P

Good read mate.

Until I read this two guys kissing in the park was the gayest thing id seen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back