Kymani

Reaction score
View attachment 222822
Have had to restart this as the database I downloaded had a few rather gaping errors.. Corrected it myself over the last few days and simmed a few seasons to check everything was running, have added the third division (sub divisions: Nacional B, Metropolitana B) for even more fun and now raring and ready to go! Sorry to anyone who read the previous 'start'

Irish lad gets lost in Paraguay, takes over at Nacional B side!
The story of how Brogan de Ariyol has ended up coaching Deportivo Encarnacion is a weird one, the recently revealed manager told us his journey in a recent brief interview.

View attachment 222816

"I've been in Paraguay for 6 months and have really enjoyed the culture and the people, I don't even have a coaching license and a friend of mine said I may as well punt and apply for a few jobs, I didn't dream I'd get an interview I was planning on going back to England to finish my last year at university... so to be sitting here as the manager of Encarnacion is incredible. Needless to say my mums a bit confused. My old life is behind me and I'm fully focused on this club. Encarnacion have had a dismal start to this year and I think I can put it right."

Q. You take over a side joint bottom of the Nacional B division after 14 games, with the worst goal difference record in the division, where do you realistically think you can go from here?

"I think the squad has lacked a bit of confidence, theres been 6 defeats by one goal so I suppose we have also lacked a bit of luck that's necessary as well. I think if we bring back the confidence we make our own luck and we can push on."

Q. THat's all well and good, but where do you realistically think you can finish this season with 12 games left?

"The board and I have sat down and discussed this before I joined and we are going to make the team more competitive and get a few more points on the board, my contract is until the end of the season and I hope to extend that, so it's not just the boys that want to impress, I'm here to do a job as well."

This is the reason I got the job. Evidently not doing too well! The board expect me to "Be competitive" so they don't hold much hope!
View attachment 222815

The squad ratings show why we are down the bottom, only a single player that seems to be pulling his weight in the team, Victor Godoy with 2 goals and 3 assists is by far the best performing player in the team.
View attachment 222814

View attachment 222813 View attachment 222812 View attachment 222811 View attachment 222810 View attachment 222809 View attachment 222808 View attachment 222807 View attachment 222806
These are the better players in the team, Godoy (top-left) is the form guy with a vision of 1 and a stamina of 5.. Just to put into perspective the kind of squad I am dealing with. Luis Sanabria (to the right of Godoy) is hailed as the best player in the team by my assistant manager, he seems to be relatively pacey and have good dribbling and first touch. Although with a passing of 2, its no wonder his passing accuracy over the 14 games has been 38%. Francisco Masi the centre-back is actually okay and he has the potential to do well and even play at a higher level. Our best left/right back is out injured. And out star striker Adalberto Almiron hasn't scored a goal yet and is pretty poor in general. I mean it's easy to see why we aren't doing so well.. The current wage total is £240, with my wages taking half of that (ooooops,) If i knew I would have decreased my wage but hey hoe, and the budget is £440, so will have some maneuverability when the transfer window opens in a month. But first to give everyone a shot!

In order to 'steel up' I'm going to go defensive and try and give this team some structure, Luis Sanabria and Victor Godoy are my main attacking hopes, and this is going to be the trained tactic to employ...
View attachment 222805 View attachment 222804

Next post tonight on the first few games!

Last edited:
Must be the first save I've seen in Paraguay. Interesting!

First game in management
View attachment 222786
So our first game is at home (not that we have a stadium) against Cristobal Colon J.A Salvador, one of the three teams we managed to draw with so far, and that was at their ground, new tactics, new manager, good few days with the team, meetings, individual player chats etc. lets hope for a good start!!

View attachment 222789

These were the stats at half-time, evidently a lot of work to do, not mustered a single attempt, so dissappointing.
View attachment 222788

-Cristobal pile on the pressure at the start of the second half with multiple more attempts at goal, striking the bar in the 50th minute before eventually taking the lead in the 65th minute from a corner. Francisco Ramos (CB) is 2 metres tall and was underneath the ball, he is having a dismal dismal game.
-This prompts a tactical change, instead of playing defensive we are going to try and hit them on the counter and close them down all over the pitch. And surely enough, within two minutes we break away, Areco sprays a long ball down the left and Sanabria's pace allows him to latch onto it and whip in a cross to the near post, Adalberto Almiron marks his first start (and our first shot on target) with a controlled header for his first goal of the campaign, right back in it!
-Fran Ramos is subbed off after a horrendous game with Ffleytas moving from right back to centre, Ayala the young full back comes on to replace him. Straight swap down the right with Rodney Azas coming on.
-A cheaply given away free kick in the 79th minute gives Cristobal a chance, but they hammer it into the wall, only for Celso Palacios to rattle home the rebound and take it to 2-1 visitors, ****!
-There was no option but to go for it, Olmedo (DM Anchor) is taken off the AM Reinaldo Martinez and the team are told to push on higher and attack attack attack. The dying few minutes are a scramble of pressure and crosses into the opposition box, but with no end result.. A disappointing start.

View attachment 222787

( A ) VS. Chore Central (5th)
This team have got some really good players, David Gomez is one of the highest average performers in the league, and Raul Vera on loan from General Diaz (in the Primera) has 7 assists. The team is the same one that finished last game, Ffleytas in the centre-back with Ayala right-back, Azas right- mid.

View attachment 222784
View attachment 222783

We played a lot better than last game, but still a defeat. Francisco Masi was spun around by their forwards unfortunately.

NEW SIGNING-
View attachment 222782
-This guy won't be able to play for a week until the registration window opens, and I'm not so sure what to think of him, I thought he would be better, but then again that's what happens when your chief scouts judging abilities are 3 & 2 /20.. Perhaps a new scout is needed? Nonetheless, due to the squad I have he is a good signing.

( H ) VS. Neembucu de Futbol (11th)

View attachment 222781

3 Min- Hopeful long ball turns out to be perfect as Sanabria picks it up on the bye line and whips in a ferocious cross, met by the head of Almiron!!! Early lead 1-0.

17 Min- Neembucu equalise through a sloppy clearance and a neat one two finish. Argh c'mon!

25 Min- Ronald Areco wins the ball well and lays off a short pass to Sanabria, who shows his class by beating his man on the halfway line and making a bombing run down the left, just when you thought he'd ran too far its Deja Vu, a fierce cross that is met by a thunderous header and rattles in off the bar from Almiron, 2-1, Get in!

36 Min- We have a corner that is cleared away, Areco lobs a ball through to Sanabria who chests it and whips in another good cross, by this time there is nobody in the box so seemingly wasted, the defender makes a scuff of the clearing header and who is on the edge of the box to slot home? Almiron hat trick!!! 3-1, dreamland!!!

HT can finally tell the boys they are doing a good job, onwards and upwards, don't let slip.

The second half is a changed game completely, they start playing a bit and we are under pressure from the off. 3-2 from a cheap header and 3-3 we are caught on the break.. Can't believe we have let the lead slip, there is still time.. Which turns out to just be more of the same, piling pressure, killer balls and we just can't keep up.

- 83rd minute they are threaded in with THREE against the keeper, and somehow Victor Benitez pulls off an astonishing double save! I mean Gigi Buffon would be proud!!! Keeps us in it... 90 minutes, 91 minutes, 92 minutes, what the **** is going on!? there was only 2 minutes of injury time and we are still playing.. They grab a corner in the 94th minute...

View attachment 222778
$%^&*(" YOU JUST CANNOT BE SERIOUS!?

View attachment 222777

Q. How do you feel after such a dramatic defeat, this must be hard?
A- In the 10th minute, that is not a penalty, in the 50th minute that is not a penalty, in any minute of that game it is not a penalty, he barely touched him, let alone the 95th minute!!! The referee will have some questions to answer I can assure you that. We did not deserve to lose and that is a horrible way for it to happen. We upped our game immensely today and played well. Congratulations to Adalberto on banging in a hat-trick, I know he's got it in him. I'm going home."

Summing up the squad, this guy has been on three nights out since I took charge, the cheeky sod! Fined him every time. Your future in football is looking bleak (like mine) mate!

View attachment 222776

Transfer Window starts
The mid- season month long window opened, and I hoped to bring in a few new faces to freshen the squad (and add some quality).. But funnily enough the transfer window only made this job harder and more frustrating.. Attempted to sign 25 players on loan (Not all at once, overall) in the first week, and every single one rejected the chance to join us.. First I tried Primera players, then Intermedia players, then players from the higher reaches of Primera B (our league and the sister division) and even they rejected us! Nonetheless we registered the new defender and eventually managed to sign a backup DM from a division rival..
View attachment 222774
Not exactly the calibre of player I had hoped to bring in, but it will do.. And at least I knew he wasn't a top player before I bought him in, due to having a scout that can actually judge players now..
The window is still open.. But for the next game.. Deportivo Liberacion, who possess a player I tried to sign days ago, had a bid of £100 accepted, but he wanted £85 a week, as much as the whole rest of the team, who do you think you are, Ronaldo!?

( H ) VS. Deportivo Liberacion (9th)
Same team played as Peralta Salinas still unfit, after much deliberation I decided to stick with Fleytas despite his hideous run of form, as the only other fit option is Fran Ramos.. Who played potentially the worst game of football I have ever seen on FM in my first game.

View attachment 222773

Cream- crackered!!! Ffleytas did alright and got an assist though (weird), obviously knew I was considering dropping him.. But nonetheless OUTPLAYED AGAIN... Also, Rene Benitez, who I tried to sign, potentially could be the next Ronaldo to make me eat my words, scored from about 45 yards.. Dismal start.

View attachment 222770

The table is not pretty reading.. We are now firmly routed bottom with an awful goal difference. My career has started off uninspiringly..
The next edition of this should prove crucial...

Can Deportivo Encarnacion pick up a win?
Or even a point?

Hinging on...
Can Brogan de Ariyol sign a single decent first team player ??

Last edited:
NEW SIGNING
View attachment 222597

BdA; "I am delighted to welcome Raul Lopez to the club, he has played very well for Cristobal Colon in our division this year and we made a positive approach for him which he accepted. He understands the ambition I have for this club and he wants to be a part of it."

Q. "Positive approach? Ambition for the club, what kind of ambition, do you see the team pulling together soon and ending this string of defeats?

BdA; "We knew we wanted to sign him for a while, Derlis (scout) has watched him for 4 or 5 weeks and we think he can make a big contribution to the team. By ambition I mean more than ending the string of defeats. My contract is only until the end of the season, but I hope to be here beyond that and this is a signal of intent to the chairman, we worked hard to persuade him this is the right place to come and he brings a lot to the table. This club can grow, the lads are fantastic in training and there really is bags of ability, this run will end and next season we will be much much stronger."

( A ) VS. Sol del Este (7th)
View attachment 222592 View attachment 222591
First point in the bag!!! Masi had flu and Almiron was feeling a bit tired so neither started the game. Raul Lopez played well on his debut. Bought Almiron on at half time after a dismal amount of efforts, Martinez just couldn't hold the mantle.. first point and the run is over!!!

--- Transfer Window Closed ---
Realised that if Almiron actually got injured, we would not have a single player who could replace him up front so bought in Silvio Meza from Lige Guaireana, scored two goals this season and isn't really an inspired signing but cannot be picky..
View attachment 222587

( H ) VS. 4 de Octubre (2nd)

View attachment 222586
Ironically, Almiron got the flu the day before the game ****. And Meza is lacking match sharpness, so Reinaldo Martinez stays in the Shadow striker role. Masi is back and slots into the strongest back four in the squad.
View attachment 222585
A very disappointing defeat, harsh and unlucky.. To get 64% possession against the team in 2nd is astonishing, we really outplayed them today. Martinez really showed his worth and bagged a goal as well as the man of the match award. An 84th minute goal denying us... Definitely cannot drop him!

(H ) VS. 22 de Setiembre (10th)
View attachment 222582
I smell blood.. We are playing really well and confidence is returning. Almiron is back in the side and Martinez is playing well in midfield, Olmedo is sacrificed as I think our new look back 4 and Areco are perfectly capable. We go in with the most attacking formation yet.

View attachment 222581
INCREDIBLE
Ronald Areco is the most pivotal part of the team, he holds the defence in place, makes more tackles than anyone else, and also delivered more key passes than anyone else on the team, to have him sent off at 46 minutes and somehow win the game is beyond me. Olmedo came straight on for the unfortunate sacrifice Martinez (had to be cautious), and the team played out of their skins. When Arevalos equalised for the visitors on 80 minutes I decided to pull the team into an all out defensive to try and grab a point, no direct play and merely slow the game down and waste time. When Fran Masi scored the winner from a corner i was in shock! A man of the match performance from Victor Godoy with two assists...FIRST WIN!

( A ) VS. Deportivo Concepcion (5th)
View attachment 222580
The same team that finished and won the last game, but with 11 players Martinez finally gets his chance to play alongside Almiron. Areco suspended.

View attachment 222578
WHat a display!!! Beating 5th in the league and my first clean sheet as manager. As i had hoped, Martinez and Almiron linked up incredibly well. Almiron with two assists (by drawing fouls for set- pieces) and the man of the match award, Martinez with the first goal.

Q. You must be delighted with the turn around the last couple of matches? WHat's changed?

BdA; "I told you all we needed was a little bit of confidence, I told the lads not to stress and just play how they play, believe in themselves and prove they aren't the whipping boys of the league. We have dominated the last four games from start to finish, picking up two consecutive wins is fantastic. The squad rotation and introduction of Raul Lopez has galvanized the whole squad. It's all down to them. We are going to be a lot stronger next year, I hope you all believe me now! We are going to finish these last league games strongly and pick up as many points as we can."

Reinaldo Martinez (2 goals, 2 assists, 7.2 average) and Adalberto Almiron (1 goal, 3 assists, 7.5 average) have stood out over the last four games.

View attachment 222576
With those 7 points we more than doubled the seasons points tally, making the league table much nicer to look at.

( A ) VS. Liga Guaireana (14th)

Raul Lopez and Victor Godoy miss out through suspension. Rolando Areco is out injured, the reserves had a game midweek so the bench players aren't all fully fit. Mauro Franco gets his first start under me, a decent central midfielder.. Same formation that has been working, Fleytas slots in the centre of defence and Gustavo Benitez comes in at LB for his first start in a while...
Surely we can't win 3 in a row?? But these are definitely the leagues weak team so..
View attachment 222495

View attachment 222491
3 on the bounce!
Mauro Franco excelling here and scoring two early goals with tidy finishes as well as doing a good job with passing accuracy. His fitness might let him down a bit but maybe he is a good impact player.

( H ) VS. Campo 9 (11th)

Despite Franco's performance last time out, he drops to the bench for the Godoy, who is by far the standout performer for us this season, Franco's fitness is questionable but he will certainly get more game time now. Lopez back in defence for Benitez.
View attachment 222486

View attachment 222487
Adalberto Almiron gets a four week injury lay off :( his replacement Mauro Franco makes it 3 goals in 2 games from the penalty spot, certainly making a case for more first team football. But we didn't make the most of this game and it was a poor scrappy game, 3 game winning run has come to an end!

( H ) VS. Liga Itauguena (7th)

Areco
is back from suspension, and Franco starts after his impressive recent form in place of the injured Almiron.
View attachment 222485

View attachment 222484

A very drab game with little in the way of clear cut chances. Alfredo Vera made the difference, a player I have been training to play up front instead of his natural left winger position so he can get some game time and provide depth in that position. He came on in the 80th minute and made a dizzying run ending in him being fouled and duly converted the penalty himself to win us the penultimate game of the season. Mauro Franco disappointed raising questions about his consistency. Defence again all averaged above 7.0...

( A ) VS. Deportivo Ovetense (4th)

Tougher opposition for our last league game of the season. Olmedo is back in the starting line up in place of Franco in a much more defensive line up. Nothing wrong with being sensible!
View attachment 222481

View attachment 222480
A great way to end the league season against tough opposition! Godoy scoring a belter of a volley. Ovetense could have reached the play offs before this game started and I think the frustration came through, we outplayed them and it really got to them, in the end Ovetense committed 27 fouls in this game including that red card that inevitably shut the game down.

--LEAGUE SEASON OVER--
View attachment 222477 View attachment 222474

BdA; "A solid end to the season, losing only 1 of our last 8 games and 5 wins.. Whilst we couldn't improve on the 13th place league position, if you look at form tables, we are 2nd only behind 2 de Mayo who have blitzed the league this season. This is brilliant form to end the league season on and serves us well for the Copa Chavez. I knew it was only a matter of belief and confidence and we have proven that, next season we will be challenging much higher up the table. We have nearly quadrupled our points tally in the final two league months, you better watch out for us next year.. But first, the Copa Chavez, if we can continue this form into that, we can do some serious damage!!"

Copa Chavez;
All Primera B teams take part in a post- league season cup.
28 teams randomly divided into 4 groups of 7 teams.
Each team plays eachother once for 6 games.
Top 2 teams advance to 2 legged QF, 2 legged SF, and then the final.
1k for every group stage win; 5k for appearing in QF; 15k for appearing in SF; 30k for appearing in final with a further 20k for the winner.

This is a post season bash where every team can forget about the pressure of the league season, its also a potential money spinner for the poor teams. 1k per win is enough to pay the monthly wage bill of most teams. So clearly advancing in the Copa is a great way to set yourself up for the following season.
If a team were to win all 6 group games and win the Copa, it would be worth a massive £76,000!!

I have been supplementing our finances with away games in Argentina when we have a week or so off, so we aren't in a bad financial situation, but with a bank balance of £25,000 and the squad on hot form... I definitely want to put in a good performance!!! Our group doesn't contain a single top 4 finisher from either sub-division, I fancy us to get to the Quarter final and that's the target I'm setting, would be a great achievement!!!

Next up; COPA CHAVEZ

the season is far from over...

Last edited:
First off this years youth intake..
View attachment 222144 View attachment 222143 View attachment 222142
At the age of 16, these two have big futures, great additions to the squad. Rafael is rated higher than Reinaldo Martinez who has been great for me so far, giving some competition in that department. Fredy Bogado is rated higher than Raul Lopez who has also been great. Sorts me out for transfer window.. The other youth players I will evaluate over the next few weeks.

Copa Chavez Group Stage!

View attachment 222140

View attachment 222139

Absolutely blitzed the group! We got a good draw and didn't have any of the 'big' teams in, but to win all 6 games without conceding a goal is nuts! Rafael bagging his first goals for the club and playing tremendously every time he had a game, he is a real prospect for us! Also Almiron was injured for the majority of the groups and somehow the usually disappointing Meza managed to score a couple in his place...

Most hideous QF draw pairs us with the impossible task of playing 2 de Mayo, the champions of our league with 31 wins out of 32 all season, a ridiculous record..

View attachment 222138

We managed to become the first side to get a clean sheet against them this year to make it 9 clean sheets in a row. But then we were well and truly smacked around at their place. Disappointed. FInancially though, this has rattled us in 11k...

BdA; "I think we can all be really proud of how we played in the cup, not conceding a goal in the group stage and blitzing everyone, we carried our end of season form through and it sets us up really well for next season. Getting to the quarter final is a great achievement in itself and i firmly believe had we been drawn against any other team we would have gone to the semis, 2 de Mayo have proven they are the best side in the Primera B this season and they will do well in the Intermedia league next year. We have made a little bit of coin and the players know they're good. All in all, since I arrived I would say this has been a great success, the record since I have been here speaks for itself, 6 defeats, 3 draws and 11 victories.. When I joined the side were floundering having only one a single match all season, I'm not saying It's down to me, we have a fantastic squad I have only given them the belief to succeed. We are going to have a good off-season and return even stronger. I hope I am still here to lead the team"

View attachment 222137
Godoy s by far our standout performer, Almiron with 8 goals and Azas with 8 assists..
Rafael, with 2 goals, 1 man of the match and an average rating of 7.3 in his 2 starts and 3 sub appearances.. Gonna be good!

Signed two more players from the youth team, Jorge GOnzalez (CM) and Isabellino Nunez (ST) for depth as well as each having 3 important attributes for their position above 10...

Next update tonight on pre-season, do I get a contract extended or is my chairman blind?

Last edited:
View attachment 221807 View attachment 221806 View attachment 221805

So all in all a good few days at the end of the season, finally got a contract extension two weeks before was due to run out, I had made a request for extension two weeks prior which was rejected.. So was slightly worried but in the end It seems the chairman thought a conversion from a 6% win ratio to 55% was a good investment.. The club offered to pay me on a coaching course as well, and the fantastic news we now have A STADIUM.. Elated! Didn't think the job here was a long- term one due to a lack of a stadium but now we have one I'm buzzing. The future looks bright, despite the fact we 'relocated', the next day it was announced we were constructing our own stadium so are now 150k in debt to the bank.. Mehh.. Nonetheless our season budget was motivating!

View attachment 221794
Bogado and Raul Lopez improving in defence which is great as they are both new additions.

View attachment 221804

Wage budget is 400% higher.. Perfecto...
Allowing us to make some killer signings...

View attachment 221803 View attachment 221802

Tried to sign this guy last year but couldn't afford his wages, he then scored a stunning 40- yard goal against us so hopes are high.. We can now utilise both flanks instead of always going down the left (despite Azas getting 8 assists last term, I'm planning for a few seasons when we are promoted ;) )

As well as this irritating transfer saga....

View attachment 221801 View attachment 221800
Clearly miles better finishing than Almiron, and was the leagues 3rd highest scorer last year. He is selfish but all we need is someone that can stick up top and not wander..
View attachment 221799 View attachment 221797
Any price hey...

View attachment 221796 View attachment 221795
2k has sufficed... Impressive resilience Liberacion... He is a big hitter at this level and will provide much needed firepower, he is not guaranteed a starting spot though, he and Almiron will alternate until one hits form.

As well as signing a new keeper in Jose Sana from Cristobal to provide Benitez with competition..

View attachment 221793

Hmmm... Interesting.

View attachment 221416 View attachment 221415

Pre-season injuries to two of our most vital cogs...

View attachment 221414

View attachment 221413

Impressive start to say the least, definitely carried form through from last season, one single defeat and topping the table..

BdA; "I think we have shown we are capable of being a dangerous side, we top the table after a quarter of the season, we have had a few injuries but we are still holding our own. There is still an awful lot of football to be played and If we can stay injury free we will continue this charge, our first 11 is probably the strongest in the league, but depth is a slight issue in the centre of the park. Hopefully we can push on and maintain this position, although it will be incredibly tough, there are lots of good teams this year and the final standings may only have a few points in it."

Almiron has 5 goals from 3 games, has been injured for the other 4 matches.. Areco also got injured a few games ago and is out for a whole... Hopefully our other players such as Olmedo can fill in adequately and it's becoming quite apparent that we really are lacking in the central midfield/ defensive midfield area. Rene Benitez has really not been living up to his hype and Raul Gonzalez has just started to fire in the absence of Almiron.

~PARAGUAY NEWS~

View attachment 221417

Paraguay U20s lost 1-0 to Argentina in the South American Championship and had the result gone the other way, would have won the tournament! Promising for the future..

Last edited: