Fulham - Debt

• Thread starter Thread starter IIxRossco
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 2K

IIxRossco

Reaction score
im currently in January (2nd season) and in majot debt with Fulham, 211 million pounds and still losing about 4 million every month, i have also been threatened to go into administration if things dont turn around... anyone know what to do ?

Get rid of your high earners. This will reduce your monthly wage bill, which will reduce the money you lose on a monthly basis. The sales should also boost your bank balance too. You need to get the club running so that you will break even over a 12 month period. If you can break even monthly then that is even better, as the beginning of each season you will be given TV \ sponsorship money which will then boost your finances.

Have you bought players with monthly instalments? This can damage your finances for many years to come if not done correctly. And, as said above, try get rid of players earning ridiculous salaries.

How are you 200 million in debt after one season... The £150m or whatever it is in chairman debt that is owed at the start doesn't need to be paid off. You must have seriously fudged up.

Anyway, the obvious thing to do is sell your highest earners and replace them with cheap/ young alternatives.

ahh thats where ive went wrong DonVilla, i never got much transfer budget when i first started so i used alot of monthly installments

You have two chocies really. Sell the players that Fulham couldn't afford in the first place (hence your massive debt problem) or go for it and try and win something.

Getting into the Champions league will help your finances no end, but League Cup, FA Cup maybe even an outside run at the title are well within Fulhams reach even before buying lots of new players. I came 2nd in the first season with Fulham on FM11 and i only bought in Kadlec.

Back