Fulham FC Guide

Jack Fulham

Reaction score
As I've been asked to create a guide for FM-Base, I've decided to put one together for my favourite club Fulham. You have to by no means follow the guide but its been put together to offer you advice. I happen to post on the same Fulham Message board as the guy does all Fulham's stats and budgets on FM10 so i can give you a good insight on a few things.

Budget: £500k
Wage Budget: £525k per week
Squad Analysis

Key Players:
Mark Schwarzer
Dickson Etuhu
Brede Hangeland

The Fulham squad is not the greatest on FM10, the current squad that it has is set to finish bang on 10th in the premierleague, however that is only when Roy Hodgson is Manager and not you, please note Hodgson is rated 4th best Manager in premier league on game.

Starting Squad

Goalkeepers
Mark Schwarzer
Pascal Zuberbuhler
David Stockdale

There is no need to buy any new keepers, Schwarzer is still fine at this level while Zuberbuhler offers cover for at least 1 Season.

Right Backs
John Pantsil
Stephen Kelly
Fredrik Stoor

Strength in depth is good for this position, no need for changes, Pantsil or Kelly can easily occupy starting place. Kelly defensive, Pantsil attacking, may want to vary whether playing at home or away.

Left Backs
Paul Konchesky
Matthew Briggs
Fredrik Stoor

Konchesky is without a doubt the best left back and first team starter, however you may need to find back up for him, Stoor can fill in when needed but Briggs is worth holding on to as he can become a good player, play him in cup games.

Centre Backs
Brede Hangeland
Aaron Hughes
Chris Baird
Toni Kallio
Chris Smalling

Hangeland is the only stand out player in defence, none of the others are worth holding on to apart from Smalling who can fill in or cup games like Briggs substantial investment will be needed, however if you keep anyone, keep Hughes.

Centre Midfielders
Danny Murphy
Dickson Etuhu
Kasigo Dikgacoi
Andranik
Johnathan Greening
Clint Dempsey

This position contains a lot of depth but not quality depth, Greening is not very good but Murphy and Etuhu make the grade, Andranik who is in the reserve squad is good back up along with Dempsey, Dempsey's stats mean that he does not really have an ideal position.

Right Midfield
Bjorn Helge Riise
Simon Davies
Zolton Gera

Good players in this position, Riise and Davies are both good enough to fill the position along with Gera, Gera is older and on higher wages so he is better to sell.

Left Midfield
Damien Duff
Diomansy Kamara
Seoul Ki-Hyeon
Duff shows sign of the quality player he used to be, his stats are fairly average for left winger but his passing is poor, Kamara has lots of pace but not much ability so he is better to sell for a bit of cash, a new signing is ideal for this position. Seoul is a definite sale for me as he has nothing to offer and takes a lot of wages.

Strikers
Andy Johnson
Bobby Zamora
Erik Nevland
David Elm
Eddie Johnson
The striker at Fulham are fairly poor, Nevland is the best finisher but is getting old, Zamora cannot finish and Johnson just runs fast, Elm and E.Johnson just should nto start for Fulham and it is compulsory that you try and sell E.Johnson. You should look at all options on new striker.

Players to Sell
As you can see the Fulham squad needs a massive overhaul, i've put this together as a few guidelines. Fulham have quite a big squad as we are in Europa league on FM10, however this squad lacks a lot of quality so you should get rid of the following:
Clint Dempsey - £8 Million
Diomansy Kamara - £3.5 Million
Zolton Gera - £3 Million
Kagiso Dikgacoi - Try and get anything for him
Eddie Johnson - £0
Andranik - £1.8 Million
Erik Nevland - £1.3 Million
Aaron Hughes - £3 Million
Chris Baird - £3 Million
Seoul Ki-Hyeon - £1.7 Million
Toni Kallio - £1 Million
Paul Konchesky - 5 Million

Please be aware that you do not have to sell all these players and look for replacements beforehand, not all fee's are paid upfront as well

Player to Buy
I've put together a small list of players to buy, please negotiate these tranfers by yourself, hence no price. Try to use loans or Transfers.

Ronaldo - Corinthians - Striker
Sergey Krivets - BATE Borisov - Versatile Midfielder
Peter Masislela - M. Haifia - Left Back
Tore Reginiussen - Tromso - Centre Back
Jorge Andrade - Free Agent - Centre Back
Ebi Smolerek - Free Agent - Striker
Andew Driver - Left Midfielder - Hearts
Carlos Vela - Striker - Arsenal
David Beckham - Midfielder - L.A Galaxy
Jadson - Attacking midfielder - Shakhtar
Javier Chevanton - Striker - Sevilla
Javier Garrido - Left Back - Man City
Arouna Kone - Striker - Sevilla
David Suazo - Striker - Inter Milan
Tom De Mul - Right Midfielder - Sevilla
Peter Luccin - Central Midfield - Zaragoza

I hope this has helped you in transfer market, Beckham is the set piece taker need :P

Tactic

I found it best to create your own tactics in the tactic creators for Fulham at the moment, I have haven't had sufficient game time on FM10 to create an amazing tactic for Fulham so i can only recommend the ones on this Forums.

The one with the best reviews is JP Woody's tactic, feel free to download it but it may not suit your team so don't come back bad mouthing it if you do not like it.
http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f72/jp-woodys-first-fm-2010-tactics-t22700.html
Give these ago if your not confident with your own tactic, look around too, the forum has plenty of other tactics too.

For player Fulham Face Packs download from this link http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/downloads.php?do=file&id=1232

Please feel free to leave comments
I hope all of this helped
Thanks Jack

Last edited:
dikgacoi eh sell? my friend said he was good but you are a fulham supporter i trust this, hopefuly danny will let me do a wigan one

Dikgacoi would be good but his physical stats aren't good enough in the premierleague, he has pace of 6, most players in BSS are faster than that

yeah agreed definitely, dempsey sell aswell is he really that bad, i heard fulham fans love him

I like Dempsey, but you can get a lot of money for him, I'm not saying these players are must sells but they are worth selling, there is a lot of players in Fulham teams that play Dempsey's position so he can easily be surplus to requirements

Cheers Kinger, is yours on Pompey or Sunderland?
Pompey mate, done 2 seasons with them so I know a fair bit and of course I support them so it helps. Would of liked to of done a Sunderland one but to be fair haven't got far enough yet :)

i bet people will spam you if jp woodys tactic doesnt work its bound to happen, anyway what did danny say hes on my ignore list;)

Nice guide mate. I was wondering whether to do a Newcastle one since quite a few people will take up that challenge this year...

I am in my second season with Fulham, Handgeland i sold for 10.5 million and i got 9 million for Dempsey (got worst buy of season for aston villa). I would say its worth keeping hold of Kamara as he performs better than Duff on the left. Konchesky sell and agree get rid of the likes of eddie johnson for free transfer. Andy Johnson i just sold back to Everton for 7 million....

i bet people will spam you if jp woodys tactic doesnt work its bound to happen, anyway what did danny say hes on my ignore list;)

I didn't say they had to use JP Woodys tactic, its there choice, i never said it was an amazing tactic and gives ou instant success, i think you question was answered within the guide itself

I still wouldn't sell Dikgacoi. He just should be played in a role where he doesn't need his pace, like anchor man or MCd. He has quite good stats overall.

4-4-2 seems to work best, at least in the beginning. If you sell enough players you could also buy Riquelme, who can really carry the whole team on he's shoulders. He just needs proper tactics, cause he ain't the best player defensively.

I've bought Ronaldo, but in this game I haven't been able to get the best out of him. Doesn't seem to play very well as an advanced fwd, though that is suggested in TT'10, maybe because he starts to be bit old and lacks pace. He works pretty well as complete forward/support.

Just a few questions regarding about the players to sell. Is it possible to sell Andy Johnson and Zamora? They have really awful attributes for Strikers =(

Dont really know about Fulham squad. After a run of friendlies, it seems that my Fulham is doing pretty well. Will be playing 4-2-3-1 if my tactic works =P Haven tried to sell some of the players that you mentioned, looks like i could generate some money from them.

Thanks mate! It's a good guide imo =)

Good guide mate. Struggling to sell some of the worse players though :/

its a good guide......
players like dempsey and digkacoi are alright but u can get lots of money for dempsey...
nice work

Back