• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21
  • Views Views 1K

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
sGG8E.jpg

Fulham confirm the signing of former Liverpool defender John Arne Riise on a three-year deal.

More...

Very good signing for Fulham. Whats the fee?

Excellent capture, can't wait to see him again in the Premier League.

So he'll play with his brother, isn't he?

Great signing for cottagers.

Last edited:
A fee of about £2m if I recall correctly. Great signing, much better than Salcido plus he's got the best left foot in Europe. :wub: I think we need a few more Norwegian internationals.

Quality signing for small fee. Still a few more years in him, never been a full back that relied on his pace really.

Great player! Zeered off in his last two or so years, but looked good for Roma. Still, lack of pace will be the worry. But his free kicks <3

Fills the gap left by Konchesky, who despite his laughable efforts for Liverpool, was always excellent for Fulham.

I look forward to another extended European tour with the help of Riise's experience.

Always liked Riise, good signing. :wub:

Release the Kracken!!!!

Brilliant signing for Fulham, where will Salcido go now? Still a good player even if he didnt fit in at Fulham.

Being a Liverpool fan, I don't know whether I am just being nostalgic, but I am a little upset we didn't go back for him, after all we are chasing a left back and a left winger, both of which Riise could play. He will do well for Fulham. Good luck John.

Brilliant signing for Fulham, where will Salcido go now? Still a good player even if he didnt fit in at Fulham.

Back to Mexico I imagine, he's a good player but never really adapted to English football or culture, he's been robbed about 3 or 4 times since he's moved here as well. Shame it didn't work out really.

Back to Mexico I imagine, he's a good player but never really adapted to English football or culture, he's been robbed about 3 or 4 times since he's moved here as well. Shame it didn't work out really.

Chivas Des Guadalajaras or ''Chivas'' as I prefer to call them lol

Think there is a fee involved, something 'nominal' of around 2-3 million, can't remember the story is a few days old I think but he's pretty much out the door your right.

Best thing to happen to Riise was Carew decking him. Arguably, Bellamy attacking him with a golf club was more amusing. This man is probably the most hated Norwegian in Norway, bar Quisling.

Best thing to happen to Riise was Carew decking him. Arguably, Bellamy attacking him with a golf club was more amusing. This man is probably the most hated Norwegian in Norway, bar Quisling.

Ooh, really? Why? Carew's a nice bloke, must've had a good enough reason...

Wait, wasn't Quisling that ****? Are you telling me Riise has bee- *redacted on grounds of bad taste*

Last edited:

that's pretty hated

Ooh, really? Why? Carew's a nice bloke, must've had a good enough reason...

Riise is an uppity wee *****, to put it lightly. He's sometimes quite funny, as when he texted the whole of Norway's A, B and C list stars, telling them they could be the new Posh and Becks. Hilarity ensued! But he's a massive ****. He does however have a mean left foot and he's a good player, but he's not a very likeable person, his mum even less so (she used to be his agent). Riise went bankrupt a few years ago, I believe.

Back