Fulham warn Arsenal on Schwarzer

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 20
  • Views Views 1K

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Fulham manager Mark Hughes says Arsenal's pursuit of Mark Schwarzer is unsettling the goalkeeper.

More...

bo hoo hughes he wants to come and play for a bigger and better team so let him join ! 2 million sounds quite reasonable

bo hoo hughes he wants to come and play for a bigger and better team so let him join ! 2 million sounds quite reasonable

How many times does Callum wanna get banned, must be catching up with Scott.

By your reasoning we should have sold Cesc Fabregas.
exactly i can fully undertsand why huges wants to hang on to him, even at 37 hes a very very good keeper, still got 3-4 years in him

Would be great if Arsenal can get him, but personally I would love to see Wenger break the bank with a 20-30 million pound bid for Joe Hart.
Even if not, at least look around for a goalkeeper that's in it for the long term, rather than Schwarzer who's fitness will be slowly going down over the next few years.

Have we? I don't know that we have unsettled him, though i don't know what we've done in private, and i admit that it must be frustrating for Fulham, who obviously want to keep him, and all of their best players, and that having turned down an initial bid, they have every right to be upset that Arsenal have simply made the same bid two months later. I wouldn't call it unsettling though, Wenger doesn't publicly comment on it,

He was already unsettled due to Hodgson leaving. He handed in his transfer request. So they should just let him go, Stockdale seems a decent keeper anyway.

Wenger complains about Barca tapping up Fabregas. Today a journalist confronted him about doing the same with the Schwarzer situation, he refused to comment but smirked a little.

Double standards much, he's an arrogant ******.

Wenger complains about Barca tapping up Fabregas. Today a journalist confronted him about doing the same with the Schwarzer situation, he refused to comment but smirked a little.

Double standards much, he's an arrogant ******.

Arrogant ******?

He's a ******* ****.

The thing I love about Wenger Is that he always manages to remove himself from trouble, when he accuses another team for persistant fouling, and then Gallas get's sent off. He'd always say " I did not see it". Legend. But probably a tad hypercritical XD

to be fair, pretty big difference between what wenger has done and what barca did. wenger has not been spouting off in the press, nor have all his players been begging mark to come to arsenal, they have made two bids, kept fairly quiet in the press. not tapping up in anyway. barca made one bid, didnt make another but kept on at it in the press for 2 months

A shame, we need somebody that isn't Almunia or Fabianski.

2Million would be a steel for Arsenal, i would expect to pay atleast 4 million plus. I heard arsenal made a bid of 2 million and it got rejected, so they made another bid of 2 million????

I heard Fulham we're after £2m plus Vela? (Not sure if this was on loan or permanent)

Back