chebonaparte

Reaction score
i always start a new fm game with a lesser team to start the season and year 1 off. fulham-

i have berbatov and bent and i find only 1 ever scores or plays well at a time no matter how i play them roles etc

i find playing Hugo Rodallega with either makes each better..

i can get draws away against **** sunderland but the fans get ****** for low possesion!
but when i have possesion i keep losing to sunderland and ive tried lots tactics formations i even tried the tried tested away tactics of counter/attack etc

Taarabt seems to help..Reither is erratic up down in form..

any experienced managers who can figure out how to potentaily bring the best of berabtov and bent playing together please apply. old fm tactics or new welcome :)

i have struggled with fulham too, i let berbatov go at the end of the season becoz he sucked all year no matter how i played him.
im now playing a flat 4-4-2 with attacking wingers and auto full backs and direct passing seems to be a bit better. i started off with 4-3-3 two wingers but that was so inconsistent i had to change it.

I allways play Fulham, as I a Fulham fan!

Fulham can be hard to manage but here what I do:

1: I find the best coaches immediately, I allways pick up:

narcel lucassen (ball controll)
clive allen (offensive)
Paul Winsper (physical)
Andrea Bergamo (tactic/shooting)
Steve Walford (deffence)
Steve Black (physical)

this means you have to get rif of some of the coaches, ask for more in the board.

2: Tactics is the hard part but heres my formation.

---------------Stekelenburg-------------------
Riether------Hangeland-----Amorebieta----Riise
----------(DM)Boateng-----(DM)Parker--------
(OW)Dejagah------OMC(Taraabt/Ruiz/Kasami---OW(Kacaniclic)
--------------------Berbatov------------------

Set both Full back's as Back role
Set Boateng as Anchorman Role
Set Parker as Ball winning role
Both wingers as offensive
OMC as Forward playmaker or Shadow striker or whatever it is in english
Berbatov as Poacher or deep lying

This means u need to get some more DM ofcourse.
Allso a Flat 4-4-2 is working great at sometimes as well!

3: Sell Rodalega and Senderos, they are useless.... at least they have been to me.........
I bought in:
(DM) Antony Annan
(M/DM) Franco Zuculini
(M/OML) Chris Brunt

Try to get a new DC as well though.

4:
Try to use many youths, the ones shining for me is:

Kasami, Kacaniclic, but allso Ange Freddy-Plumain rises quickly if you use him as sub now and then and in Cup matches, same with Briggs and Donnely.
Dembele is a rising star as well but hard to fit in cus of Berbatov and Bent but use him as sub on minor matches and Cups as well. Bent is allways a sub for me, cus Berba has played 12 and scored 13 for me atm ;) Dembele has 2(5) and scored 4.

5: When it comes to player instructions I use this in main tactic

Pass ball in room
Play out of deffence
Short passes
Run against deffence
Look for overlap
Go out of position
Hassle players
Closer marking
Use offside trap

I am second in league, with 8w3d2l scored 29 against 13

Hope this helps!

Dont forget to look at youths!!

Get Dan Burn back from Birmingham whenever you can! He is class CD!!

Plumain, Donnely, Briggs, Dembele, Grimmer, Woodrow, Altman, Burn, Williams Hyndman and Tankovic, are vital in the future if you use them often or loan them out where they can progress! Dont let them go!! ;)

Last edited:
Hello.

In my Fulham game, I started with more possesion orientated tactic 4 2 3 1, and a back up 4 -Dm -2 -2- 1 tactic. Sold Sanderos and Duff, bought A.Milosevic for around 400k. Decided to keep Riise, thought I had a few offers for him, he ended up being injured for most of the season , so I regret this decision. Briggs turned out to be decent starter at FBL,as Richardson.

Starting line up was - Stekelenburg, Reither Hangeland Amorebietta/Milosevic Briggs/Richardson , Parker as MC defend and sidwell/boateng/kasami as CM support , Dejagah and Kacaniklic on the flanks, Ruiz as Playmaker , Berbatov - DLF.

Against stronger oppositon I use back up tactic with bent up front(more speed), Rodallega was also decent either as winger or main man up front , but not my 1st choice.

Ended up 6th and scored lots of goals from Set pieces. Thought I am not very good with tactics and instructions in FM14.
Next season was not so good finished 9th, but managed (somehow) to win Euro cup. For the 3rd season I had lots of cash coz I sold lots of players for profit and bought cheaper youngsters and expirienced free agents.

Best youths in Fulham are Briggs, Dan Burn(tallest DC), Freddie Ange Plumian, Dembele.