Fullback to Ball Winning Midfielder?

chrisvergara

Reaction score
Hello, only reason why I made this account was for this question, or wanted to know your opinion on something that got me thinking while playing.
I currently am managing Olympique Lyonnais in my 3-4th year with them.
I have loads of youth talent and have succesfully trained many of them, about a good 80% of my team is home grown.
I have a problem with fullbacks, I have too many good ones at young ages.
Now to the point. I have this young stud Isaac Baah from Ghana.
I uploaded a screenshot of his stats with BWM stats highlighted. Now if I were to train him and play him at BWM would you guys think he can be amazing at that position? With his quickness and ability to mark and recover the ball, he had a very high % of passes and tackles won on his first game playing as a BWM.

Would love to hear your opinions on this "theory" of mine.

Last edited:
An amazing BWM? Well, most of the basic requirement are there... But his Bravery and Aggression are a bit low. Aggression won't go up all that much. And its pretty important to that particular role. So if you use him as a BMW, that is always going to be a small factor. Might keep him from being as effective as the very best BMWs. But he would certainly make a very good DM, AM, MC-D, etc.

Retraining him makes sense if he doesn't have enough value in his current position. Its a smart move.