Fully unprepared for promotion

Reaction score
Has anyone been promoted to the Prem far earlier than they wanted? I'm 1 game away from taking Coventry up in 2022. I have no money, I've yet to make a permanent transfer in the game and 5 of my starters are on loan from Premier League clubs. I need virtually an entire new squad to compete and doubt I'll get much of a warchest. More likely i'll get the sack at Christmas and then my trying to build the youth set-up will have been a waste.

I had the same problem like you are having. I got promoted with Ipswich in the 4th Season of my save and i had 13 Million Euros in my bank (because of a FA Cup Semi Final Run and a sold player) and got given 30 Million Transfer Budget and 25 Million Wage Budget. End Of Season I Finished 19th with a very late run of points (9 points from 24 games, last 14 games had 6 big teams to finish on 28 points). Finished the season with 110 Million. Board wasn't concerned at all during the whole season (Fight Bravely Against Relegation).

So if the board want fight bravely against relegation and do semi alright, i think you be in a really good spot for the future. Best Of Luck!

I tried not to do a Fulham and bring in 20 players. Raid man utds under 23 team for a couple and then invested in the defence. Sadly I had to sign a new keeper as my previous on loan keeper retired. So far I've got a point against Everton and two absolute spankings from man utd and Chelsea.

Got promoted to Prem with Concord Rangers after 9 seasons, still had a league 2 team. My highest paid player was on 5k a week. Needless to say I got relegated with 27 points.

Now back in prem 2 years later and 14th with 10 games to go. Still sharing a stadium thou ?

27 points is a lot better than the infamous season Derby had. Think it was 11 or 12 points?

I'm currently on 2 points from 5 games with a -12 goal difference. Although in fairness I have played both City and United away along with Chelsea at home!

Lol true but its the first relegation I've ever experienced, been playing since champ man. I still have nightmares haha.

You should survive mate, prem brings in so much money. still Coventry?

The positive I guess is that likely the board will expect a relegation so you might keep the job anyways.
Personally I think its even harder when you do well but stays in the same division, cause then the board expect you to do the same next year even though you overachived getting that high position this season.

They don't seem too bothered about any of my results so far. And I've taken some right hammerings. You really see how much of a difference the Premier League TV deal makes though. It's only September and I've already made a ton of profit. But then that might be down to my squad costing next to nothing compared to everyone else.