Future Film Releases.

Who is this Darren Shan and what kind of Novels does he write?

The Twilight film was awful in my opinion, but I had read the books beforehand and it just paled in comparison.

Was the same with the Harry Potter books and film, the films never seem to live up to the books. Also, with Lord of the Rings.
Lord of the Rings didn't live up to your expectations? How the **** could they be improved upon?

I agree, Lord of the Rings is one of the best Book-Film adaptations ever, IMO.

I don't how see how they could be improved, some of the landscape in it are exactly how I imagined Middle Earth to be.

Lord of the rings movies are tragic and boring in my opinion. three films about hobbits walking

Anyone else excited about Avatar? Its James Cameron as director (Terminator 1 & 2, Rambo, True Lies, Titantic etc) and its his first movie since Titanic. It is meant to be one of these significant movies which will change way a lot of movies are made.

Yes, I'm looking forward to Avatar.

James Cameron is an amazing director, in my opinion. A true genius, by today's standards

Who is this Darren Shan and what kind of Novels does he write?

Teenage age-group books, Science Fiction/Horror indeed, but quite mild on the horror. I read them for the story, which I really got into.

He's written one full series of 12 books, the Vampire series, and he's currently writing the second series, the Demonata series, of which I am waiting for book 7 or 8 I believe.

Hoping the films live up to the Vampire series books, I really did enjoy reading them.

P.S. As for LotRO, I'm not saying I didn't enjoy it, I just wish they had made the effort to include more of the book features within the film, rather than missing out a lot of it. Although that may be an unreasonable expectation unless the 3 part trilogy become a 10 part series, due to the longevity.

Shan is actually from Limerick where Im from. I work part time in a small bookshop and we have often had him in signing books. Not into them myself but they sell ****** well/

I heard a rumour that Bioshock was getting the Hollywood treatment,can anyone shed some light on this?

Yes, James Cameron is truly a master in making movies. But my favorite currently happens to be Christopher Nolan, not only because of the Batman series but also for Memento, Insomnia, The Prestige, etc. I just hope he doesn't pull out of the third Batman movie, since there's talk that he might refuse to do it.

ip man 2 - autum 2010 second part of legendary wing chun kung-fu teacher ip man (donnie yen). The man who taught legendary martial artist and film star (bruce lee)

Ive just seen the trailer for Sherlock Holmes,i thought it was for Rambo 5 for a brief second. Sir Arthur Conan Doyle will be turning in his grave.

Trailer for the upcoming A Team movie.Looks like fun lol :)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z93AADd2Dpo&feature=fvw"]YouTube- The A-Team Debut Movie Trailer [HD][/ame]

Sweet....gotta see the ateam.

Prince of Persia looks good, but being a fan of the game, I am a little biased..