• Replies Replies 20
  • Views Views 2K

Who should I write a story about?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AndySams10

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I enjoy writing stories of my career on FM'13 and currently have a save/story going called It's all about ME.

While I'm enjoying this story and save, I'm thinking and planning about one final story where I would like to base it around a professional footballer that is either close to retirement or who has retired already.

I find when I receive comments/feedback I usually get more involved in the story and thrive on your views, so with this in mind I'd thought I'd ask and set up a poll on who you'd like to see a story about.

David Beckham - Would start story off that he announces retirement and after long talks decides he'd like to try his hand at management. I would look to get Beckham to have a successful management career with a view of managing teams in countries he's played in and look to turn a domestic team into the best team in the world and also for him to manage a nation and improve that nation and win as much as possible.

Henrik Larsson - With Henrik I'd look to start in Sweden, then see where his career path would go, with the aim or rebuilding his management career following an unsuccessful start in real life. And I would look to get him managing Sweden and see if he can take them to the top.

Brian Laudrup - Similar plan as with Henrik Larsson, but starting in Denmark at Brondy where he began his career, then I'd look to see if Brian could better his brother Michael's achievements and again look to get the Danish national team as high up the rankings as possible.

Francesco Totti - It would start off the same as Beckham's story would, by announcing retirement, then start a managerial career and hopefully end up at Roma at some point, while looking into International management along the way too.

Alessandro Del Piero - same as Totti story, but would look to end up managing Juventus instead of Roma.

Would be great to here your views or if you have any other suggestions I'd love to hear them.

Thanks.

I voted Brian Laudrup, i think you should try and Manage Rangers FC with him!!

Streaky :) stick to one story bud! you are already thinking of a new one when you are only just into your current one! people like long stories, not short little stories!

hence, I have not voted

Streaky :) stick to one story bud! you are already thinking of a new one when you are only just into your current one! people like long stories, not short little stories!

hence, I have not voted

Oh yeah I know that mate and I'm not looking to start a new one until I've exhausted my current story. I just like planning, hence why I've set up this poll, so I can write down a few ideas to add to the story, so when it's time I can look at my notes to help me build up the story. Would like it if you would have a vote, as I appreciate your views. :)

Start with DB after some allegations that his salary that is being paid to the NGO was being "misplaced" or something! then take over (even ask someone to edit) a smaller MLS team that he "buys" and start his career from there as his family are still living there..

he was looking at buying a club if I remember correctly!

Start with DB after some allegations that his salary that is being paid to the NGO was being "misplaced" or something! then take over (even ask someone to edit) a smaller MLS team that he "buys" and start his career from there as his family are still living there..

he was looking at buying a club if I remember correctly!

I think the Beckham idea will be popular. If he does come out on top in the poll, was going to look down the American route, I'm a little apprehensive with custom databases as I downloaded one before and I encountered problems, so may look to manage national team or a lower team already in the league on the official database. Cheers mate. :D

I voted Brian Laudrup, i think you should try and Manage Rangers FC with him!!

Thanks mate, yeah was thinking of that, but know someone else has done a similar story with him and Rangers, so may look at different approach. Cheers

Thanks for the votes so far Guys. :D

Very interested to see who will come out on top when the poll closes.

Keep the votes coming in Guys. Or leave any other ideas/suggestions.

Had a couple other ideas, Steve Gerrard - Story would be based on the Beckham idea, except I'd look for jobs in the top countries, then have a view to Gerrard managing England in the future.

Dimitar Berbatov - Would base story on him managing in countries he's played in, plus looking to manage Bulgaria and help improve their ranking.

Ryan Giggs - Same as Gerrard, but look to manage Wales in the future

Jamie Carragher - Same as Gerrard.

Michael Owen - Same as Gerrard.

Please let me know any thoughts you may have.
:)

Last edited:
I voted for Becks, if only for the fact he's probably the only one of them (apart from maybe Gerrard and Giggs) that i think would be a decent manager. :)

I've voted for henrik larsson but theirs plenty out there , maybe I think a king cantona story would be good :)

I've voted for henrik larsson but theirs plenty out there , maybe I think a king cantona story would be good :)

Cheers mate, yeah King Eric, could be a good shout, but I'm looking for a young manager to hopefully emulate Sir Alex etc. appreciate the vote for Henrik. Thanks.

Hi All,

I'm going to be deciding on who I'm going to choose later. I know the poll is open until the end of the week, but am eager to get going, hehe.

If anyone has any views or suggestions, please do let me know, as I will weigh up all the options before deciding on who to write a story with.

Appreciate your time. Thanks. :D

are you going to be playing as one of these players or just watching them?

You could say Brian Laudrup is druken and deprssed ove hi brother's succuess an tries to get back in the limelight. He could manage Cardiff, Laudrup v Laudrup derby

You could say Brian Laudrup is druken and deprssed ove hi brother's succuess an tries to get back in the limelight. He could manage Cardiff, Laudrup v Laudrup derby

Nice idea mate, thanks for the feedback. Have a couple of ideas and that is one of them. Will wait a little longer before deciding. Cheers.

Back