• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 16
  • Views Views 1K

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
sGG8E.jpg

West Ham's Daniel Gabbidon is charged by the Football Association in relation to recent comments he made on the social networking website Twitter.

More...

What were the comments he made? Haven't heard anything about this in the press so they can't have been that bad.

He said this to the fans: U know what f*** the lot of of you u will never get another tweet from me again u just don't get it do you. Bye bye."

Everyone's getting charged on Twitter now :P. What did you say anyway, and I haven't seen it in the news either.

He said this to the fans: U know what f*** the lot of of you u will never get another tweet from me again u just don't get it do you. Bye bye."

HAHAHA I thought you were joking at first! no way

It' was in response to criticism after they lost to whoever they lost to

I should start following Gabbidon.....

The problem is some of the stick players get is ridiculous... Two Charlton players had to close their twitter accounts because of the amount of stick they were getting. (One of them is our 3rd top scorer ffs). I imagine it's worse for someone playing for an EPL club.

I mean I get as ****** off with them as anyone but they are human beings after all. Some people are just bang out of order. So I do sort of sympathise with the players.

On the other hand many players don't have a brain cell to spare, hence why so many get charged over Twitter comments. For journalists twitter is a gold mine because players don't have a representative (who has a lot more sense than they do) to make sure they don't write anything stupid.

The problem is some of the stick players get is ridiculous... Two Charlton players had to close their twitter accounts because of the amount of stick they were getting. (One of them is our 3rd top scorer ffs). I imagine it's worse for someone playing for an EPL club.

I mean I get as ****** off with them as anyone but they are human beings after all. Some people are just bang out of order. So I do sort of sympathise with the players.

On the other hand many players don't have a brain cell to spare, hence why so many get charged over Twitter comments. For journalists twitter is a gold mine because players don't have a representative (who has a lot more sense than they do) to make sure they don't write anything stupid.

Darron Gibson is a prime example. The abuse was horrible but one comment did give me a laugh. It was along the lines of "You're **** but to be fair you're not as **** as Carrick"

But twitter is suppose to be their personal account. They should be allowed to type what they want without consequences. Same with everyone else. (Apart from the obvious stuff like death threats and what not)
Just seems like its getting more and more ridiculous with every incident. Next we will start seeing players charged because they didn't wish someone happy birthday in the street =/

But twitter is suppose to be their personal account. They should be allowed to type what they want without consequences. Same with everyone else. (Apart from the obvious stuff like death threats and what not)
Just seems like its getting more and more ridiculous with every incident. Next we will start seeing players charged because they didn't wish someone happy birthday in the street =/

I agree. freedom of speech and all that. Just saying they should know better than to write those comments because they know they will be charged for it. Charging Gabbidon for this is harsh IMO. I would have been tempted to do the same if I was in his position. Problem is he is a highly paid processional, taking abuse is part of the job. Taking the bait will just make it worse.

Hey guys... are there any good, funny footballers, celebs on tweeter that is worth following... name some please :))..
OT:
I think its stupid to charge players for saying something on tweeter, facebook or whatsoever. If this tempo continiue i can see in next 3 years, FA will post cameras in players houses just to monitor them and if they say a bad word, charge them. Stupid imo.

Hey guys... are there any good, funny footballers, celebs on tweeter that is worth following... name some please :))..
OT:
I think its stupid to charge players for saying something on tweeter, facebook or whatsoever. If this tempo continiue i can see in next 3 years, FA will post cameras in players houses just to monitor them and if they say a bad word, charge them. Stupid imo.

Ever read 1984? Lol. I agree, it's stupid.

OT:

the banter between Rio Ferdinand and Peers Morgan is pretty funny, especially when others like Lord Sugar and Lee Westwood join in

I made a Twitter account @Haldenator like 2 days ago but I honestly don't know how to break the ice with my first tweet I mean Im not famous just a student, I only did it to commentate on ALL the games I watch each day to be honest and my theories on tactics etc, pretty mundane but watching Rio Piers Owen Westwood all go at it is hilarious. I remember seeing something some random fan tweeted that morgan retweeted he said this:
Look heres the facts, Piers you got sacked Rio you got banned and Westwood you can't win a happy meal toy or something.

I follow literally half the spanish team and more, RVDV is quite funny, WAYNE ROONEY will tweet back to you lmao I REALLY want to tweet to him so Imogen Thomas how was it riding those funbags?
But I darent, I cant afford the legal fees lmao *cking superinjunctions ey. And watch how 'Wazza' uses lad in each sentence its quality.

140 character speak grammar :|

Last edited:
Hope Rooney closes his twitter account. No way he is gonna survive without fines and bans..

Back