Gabriel barbosa ??

• Thread starter Thread starter Scruffer23
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 14
  • Views Views 7K

Scruffer23

Reaction score
Signed barbosa as back up to zivkovic but his best role is behind the striker anyone else had any luck with him not sure whether to change my system to fit him in

Last year he was unreal for me. Advanced forward or maybe a deep lying forward

Im currently retraining him into an advanced playmaker in cm in my 2nd season.

I realised i had signed too many young strikers so had to find a way to fit them all in haha

to be fair though, his attributes suit cm,ap (a) alot more!

Is it working I was thinking about doing that

He couldnt buy a goal as a striker for me.
I almost sold him to be fair then i had lightbulb haha.

He playing so much better in cm. Hes scoring goals too!
Think its deffo going to prove a good move :)

Think that's what I will do don't wanna sell him too good thanks for the advice

To be fair i didnt play him as much as i thought. But still, he never really gave that stellar performance to make me play him ahead of my other strikers

View attachment 313282

Now this season since his move to CM - AP (A) he has been smashing it. Even scoring more goals in less appearances....

View attachment 313283

Just to show you the position hes been playing.
View attachment 313281

And his attributes to show why i decided to change his position.

View attachment 313280

I guess ultimately it depends on what you need in your team and formation.

For example beginning of my 2nd season i went through every player i had.
I like to have 2 players for each position on the pitch.
When i was choosing my 1st and 2nd teams i was left 1 cm short and a few strikers overloaded.

Thats when i looked at them all. Decided Barbosa would be a decent cm and i loaned out a few others too.

I had some players i signed but loaned back out come back this year. So i had to make some space for them.

A few players ive moved on.
Will hughes im changing to a right midfieldera my wide midfielders cut inside.
Barbosa to cm
Ozil is still completing his move to ST (F9)
Sterling is now my fully fledged LM as he cuts inside too

These are my 2 teams anyway beginning of season 2 :-)

View attachment 313278

View attachment 313279

I had him at Chelsea for one season, but on a friends PC so i can't show any proof :(. None-the-less, he was a BEAST for a kid! Scoring 30-35 goals in all competitions, and he wasn't always the first choice ;). Played him as a F9, and individual training set at Poacher. Try him out FFS :D

I used him as a F9 and he was unstoppable. Scored around 38 goals in all competitions. never thought of training him as a CM though, that's a great idea

Would be wasted in midfield. He is my first choice striker as CF-A. 30-40 goals a season and world player of the year in 2020

Haven't had him this year, but in FM14 I used him as Complete Forward (Attack). He has the attributes to pull it off, and he did.

Hmm

I use a F9 in my tactic, and currently have Luka Jovic, Javier Hernadez and Ricardo Zickovic. Hernandez currently my top scorer, but Zickovic coming on second half of season. Jovic relatively young but chipped in with some decent goals.

Contemplating cashing in on Chico as his value has skyrocketed, this guy looks tempting to use in my F9 position.

I bought him to Dortmund in 3rd season, he is having a good start. But I want to use him in the playmaker role behind the striker(because I have a good regen as main striker), and he's playing good in that position.
Because of his finishing, he can be deadly around the outside of the box.

He's my AMC/Treq at the min behoind the front two in my Brazil save, and killing it. i'll find a pic later :)

Back