Gallas extends Spurs contract

• Thread starter Thread starter DMF
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 613

DMF

@dmf180593
Reaction score
William Gallas has extended his contract until 2013, Tottenham Hotspur have announced.

"The club is delighted to announce that William Gallas has signed a two-year contract extension which runs until 2013," read a statement on the club's official website.

"The experienced France defender has impressed at the heart of our defence since joining the Club in the summer following the expiration of his contract at Arsenal at the end of the 2009/10 campaign.

"A two-time Premier League title winner with Chelsea, William has made 28 appearances in our colours to date as well as captaining the side on occasions in both the Premier League and Champions League this season."

The former Arsenal skipper, who signed on a free contract last summer has been in good form this season and has formed an excellent partnership with Michael Dawson at the heart of Spurs' defence.

Thoughts on this?

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11675_6839622,00.html

Great News, but 2 years seems risky, given that fact that he will be 35? by then :S

Great News, but 2 years seems risky, given that fact that he will be 35? by then :S

I think it's riskier considering the amount of centre halves you already have.

Khumalo you signed in January and he's already been loaned out.
King and Woodgate out injured.
Kaboul, Bassong, Dawson and Gallas - is he really needed for another 2 years?

You've also got Corluka and Huddlestone who can play there if necessary and Caulker to come back from a loan, who I've seen many a time be called "a future England captain".

played great for spurs though and derserves the contract

I think it's riskier considering the amount of centre halves you already have.

Khumalo you signed in January and he's already been loaned out.
King and Woodgate out injured.
Kaboul, Bassong, Dawson and Gallas - is he really needed for another 2 years?

You've also got Corluka and Huddlestone who can play there if necessary and Caulker to come back from a loan, who I've seen many a time be called "a future England captain".

Can see one of King/Woody retiring at the end of the season, I think Khumalo is out of his depth tbh so Gallas is going to be vital considering hes the most experienced head we have.

Caulker <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3. The new King <3

Not happy about the length (That's not what she said). I wanted a year extension only, with Caulker going on loan to a club in the Premier League next season, with the hope he would be good enough to slot into the first team come 2012/2013 season.

Still, he has been performing well for us, but he is at a risky age. Kaboul and Dawson are my preferred CB partnership at the moment anyway.

Can see one of King/Woody retiring at the end of the season, I think Khumalo is out of his depth tbh so Gallas is going to be vital considering hes the most experienced head we have.

Caulker <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3. The new King <3

Think Woodgate is more likely to retire than King is.

Regarding Caulker - it's possible. He's just been ruled out for 8 weeks with a knee injury (6)

Think Woodgate is more likely to retire than King is.

Regarding Caulker - it's possible. He's just been ruled out for 8 weeks with a knee injury (6)

Doubt it, Woodgate's just battled back to fitness after over a year out, but with King not being able to train he keeps picking up knocks and thigh strains. Looking like hes come to his eng :'(

Your pleased about Caulkers injury awhy? :/

Your pleased about Caulkers injury awhy? :/

Not pleased about it - just ironic that you said he's the 'New King' just as he picked up a knee injury.

Back