istate

Reaction score
Has anybody played several seasons in the 2012 version? I think there might be a problem with the game engine.

After the 1st season the results become very inconsistent regardless of how well u line up your side and how good the players are. You can have world beaters inyour team and get thrashed by a rubbish team. I have played this game for years so I know quite a bit about management games.

I have watched morale closely and many other 'real' management issues but to no avail. There is something in this game that i'm not getting right. The tactics I use must be ok cos it gives me good success int he first season. in real football teams stick to the same style for years and get success.

Has anyone else had this problem? please discuss this here or if you have any suggesstions or know somehting I dont please let us know. ^^)

its not just the second season, but all seasons thereafter. I have had that every single time.

this is not realistic:
1. Winning the league with tottenham onthe first season convincingly (already not realistic)
2. Improving the squad and then team play much much worse thereafter no matter how much u keep on improving. too inconcistent no matter how 'gentle' you are with the squad

You are doing something wrong, not the game. I've played like 5 seasons with San Marino and I've improved my position each year, so no, there is nothing wrong with the ME. It's not against you, the fault lies with you.

1) You call that realism? If you're going to bring 'realism' into a management simulator, then how the **** did you, a nobody, get the manager's job at Tottenham? Hmm. How boring would FM be if Tottenham couldn't win the league in the first season.. It's not even that unlikely.
2) There is such a thing as too many 'improvements' ask Steve Bruce.

Had 7 seasons with the same club, and as mentioned, it's not the ME. It's been as realistic as it can be. Yes I've had to adjust tactics accordingly, but thats what happens when you get promoted to a stronger league, or face stronger opponents. Hence I always have 3 to choose from.

When it comes to tactics, well IRL they have to be changed too to adjust with new players, different opponents starting XI, a whole range of factors. So no, not the ME.

Had 7 seasons with the same club, and as mentioned, it's not the ME. It's been as realistic as it can be. Yes I've had to adjust tactics accordingly, but thats what happens when you get promoted to a stronger league, or face stronger opponents. Hence I always have 3 to choose from.

When it comes to tactics, well IRL they have to be changed too to adjust with new players, different opponents starting XI, a whole range of factors. So no, not the ME.

To add to that, also when your reputation rises, teams play more defensively against you, so you have to adjust.

its not just the second season, but all seasons thereafter. I have had that every single time.

this is not realistic:
1. Winning the league with tottenham onthe first season convincingly (already not realistic)
2. Improving the squad and then team play much much worse thereafter no matter how much u keep on improving. too inconcistent no matter how 'gentle' you are with the squad

Your definition of improving the squad may not be everyones (or the games) definition. Also, adding more players to a squad (and usually seing others leave) causes a squad to unsettle and can even change the entire squad personality, which can affect results, and the way the squad responds to your tactics and managerial input, team talk etc.

If you won the league convincingly, why did you need to drastically improve? One or two additions to Spurs' squad and you have a team capable of challenging fro the champions league imo.

Last edited:
To add to that, also when your reputation rises, teams play more defensively against you, so you have to adjust.

Forgot about that lol. The amount of times when I've played a team like Man City or Newcastle and had to wait til the 85-86th minute to get a goal the winning goal was very, very annoying lol.