Game Freezing - jumps to desk top

• Thread starter Thread starter mitch1705
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 2K

mitch1705

Reaction score
I have a brand new lap top i7 - nvdia geforce gt540m graphics - when i have done my team talk and press play game it freezes for about 30 seconds then switches to desk top another 20 seconds or so then the game starts!
Any help ideas appreciated. It very annoying:S

---------- Post added at 07:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:19 PM ----------

no one can help? now getting total freeze won't play the game

I have the same problem, whenever i try to play a match, the game freezes totally, right after the team talk. I have to use the power button to exit.

Where are you downloading the drivers for your graphics card? The actual NVIDIA website or your vendors own website? Some laptops only let you use their own drivers from their site. And if you try to use NVIDIA drivers they won't install.

I have same problem only way i've been able to get anywhere on game is by switching preferences to low on the graphics and disabling all 3D options which is really annoying as i've just got a new laptop and thought i'd be able to play without anyissues.
Anyone got anyway of sorting it without taking away 3D?

What are your laptops specs? and especially the graphics card????

Damian, Its an Acer I-7, 4gb, 640 gb hdd Nvidia gt 540m Guessing pretty similar to first poster but i have no idea what any of that actually means and am lost when you said about downloading drivers.
Cheers

Right i have an Acer Aspire with a Geforce GT520M more than capable of running fm2012. My game would freeze right ebefore the 3D match engine kicked in. Now i could only download the latest drivers from the Acer support site. If i went to the NVIDIA support site and downloaded them from there, they would not install. Now i found a very simple, quick and easy work around for this problem. Once i downloaded the latest drivers from NVIDIA i had absolutely no problems running this game or it's 3D match engine. I can assure you it does work.

First go here NVIDIA DRIVERS 285.62 WHQL i assume you are on windows 7 x64?? I would think you are. Download and install those drivers, it should fail on installation(if not your laughing) but it most likely will. Don't worry thats ok.

Next step. Installing Nvidia Mobile GPU Display Driver on Notebooks Upgraded to Windows 7 x86 / Windows 7 x64 - Komeil Bahmanpour go to this website. Scroll down till you come to the part about
285.62 WHQL Driver Download Links

Then download the x64 modded INF file.

Once you have done that post back here, although the instructions of what to do next are just above your downloaded INF file. If you get stuck post back here, and if you have facebook you could add me and i will talk you through the rest.

Damian you appear to be my new hero, finally everything seems to be working ok after following your last post. About 10 games in and no freezing or jumping to desktop anyone having same problem try Damian99's previous post.
Cheers

Back