Game is" currently unavailable at this time"

slickmick123

Reaction score
When I try to play football manager it says "it is currently unavailable"

My user account control window comes up and it asks me if I want to make the following changes to this computer?

Program name: Football manager 2012 12.1.1f244099

Verified Publisher: Valve corporation

File Origin: Hard Drive on this computer

And then the options yes or no!

If i click yes then it keeps coming back up and if I click no then it says the game is currently unavailable. How do I fix this problem?

What seems to be happening is it's trying to update itself but can't because the User Account Control is blocking it from doing so. Steam doesn't let you play without the latest version of a game.

First, open Steam and go to the Library.
Right click Football Manager 2012 and go to properties
In the Updates tab, make sure it is set to 'Always keep this game up to date.'

That takes control of Steam's role in it.

Try and see if that works. If not, try taking the User Account Control off for a few minutes to try and allow it to update. If you're on Windows 7, there'll be a link on the pop-up box which will let you change when you see those notifications. I tend to have it off anyway, but that's a security issue and you may prefer it to be on.

If you take it off for a short time, this should allow FM to update and let you play it.

Also it seems like your firewall or antivirus may prevent it from running. Go into your firewall/virus protection settings and set FM as an allowed program.

error code (41)

I have done both methods that use have given me however now when I go to play it it says that steam servers are too busy to handle the request error code (41).

Back