Game keeps crashing

HortySlayer

Reaction score
Just played Man Utd on my villa career first game of the season away and drew 0-0, then after that game every time I click continue a window comes up saying there has been a serious error and it has been compiled in the FM dumps report, and the program just shuts down. Tried 4 times to get it to work and it just keeps doing the exact same, restarted my computer as well. How can I sort this out?

No, I haven't touched an editor, loaded it 4 times by clicking load last game, and it kept crashing, now just tried loading it by clicking load game, and loaded the same version, but without clicking load last game, and it is working so far (touch wood) why on earth should it do this? Even if it is working now that is a bad bug. And just to categorically say I haven't done any game editing, just installed today and been running like normal

Usually a corrupt file, save or shoddy editing causes it.

So now I have saved it seperately after it has started working it should work fine, and if I do another career it won't be a problem with my game? Do you mean shoddy editing as in if I used an edited database?

---------- Post added at 10:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 PM ----------

Great it just crashed again in my 2nd match of the season. Any way I can sort this out? Is my game corrupt or just this particular career?

Try starting a new career. If it still happens then it could be a corrupt file. Any graphics you have installed like facepacks or skins will need to be removed to see if that's the problem.

Eventhough my PC can play crisis 2 and all other games ever tried. It just can't play the 3D part of FM12. FM11 wasn't a problem.
When i installed the game yesterday, there were 5 stars in 3D, now there's only 1.
What can i do about this? Any ideas?

Sorry for my rubbish English.

Mike

I have not installed anything seperate to the original game itself, which was just loaded up from the disk, I just installed it through steam and started a new game and it keeps crashing so its not a facepack or skin, no reason for it to crash. If it happens on another career is the best thing to do to just uninstall the game and reinstall ?

There are solutions to this issue on the steam users forums. Id post you the links but im on my phone at the moment.

Would you mind posting me the links to them later when your on your computer please mate? Would be muchly appreciated

If you type fm 2012 serious error into Google it will come up top of the search results.

one guy suggested using hidden folders and going to data then sports interactive then fm 12 and deleting the cache and settings folders there, does that sound right?

one guy suggested using hidden folders and going to data then sports interactive then fm 12 and deleting the cache and settings folders there, does that sound right?

Ive never had this issue before so i cant speak from personal experience. All id say is if it was me id give it a try. Id also search google with the problem looking for a fix from people who have had similar issues. Steam forums or the SI forums should have a fix. Just use the search tool on those particular websites.

I have gone on all these forums now and done every single thing every one of them says and gone as far as too completely uninstall the game off my laptop, deleting every single file to do with fm 2012 so when I search for it nothing comes up, so its as if the game is completely brand new to the system and every time I am getting a "serious error" and the game freezes/crashes and closes down. Even when I have started new careers so does this mean I am completely screwed over by this game and won't be able to play it at all?!

Are you sure your laptop can handle the specs? If you've tried everything all i an suggest is to go on the Sports Interactive forums and ask in there.

Yeah it definitely can, 8 GB of Ram, 1 GB graphics card, good processor, brand new ran FM 11 fine and plays far harder games like a charm so it is not the laptop, and like I have said all I did was install the game from steam straight from disk and start playing.

Back