kai18

Reaction score
Hi everyone,i had a computer which i can't use anymore which made my fm12 running very fast,but i've only got my new laptop 2 months ago and haven't installed alot on it,but even with just England loaded my game and computer speed is half a star,i don't know why,i've heard something about RAM speed but i'm not sure what it is or how to view it,thanks

I use a laptop too and my speed is also half a star.When i press continue it take from 2-5 minutes usually and the match engine is running great.

How much ram have u got, 2gb or less and you'll need more, especially when you get 10+ seasons in!!

I use a laptop too and my speed is also half a star.When i press continue it take from 2-5 minutes usually and the match engine is running great.

5 minutes to load after pressing continue? I'm on a laptop, in 2020, and it's instant!

Sometimes,sometimes it is instant but the new game loading takes ages.

SO,how do i make it run faster,and Smcmanus do u know how i check my ram?:)

SO,how do i make it run faster,and Smcmanus do u know how i check my ram?:)

Go to control panel>performance information and tools>view and print detailed system information.

The 3 things to focus on are RAM, Processor and Graphics card.

Quote me when you have it and i can tell if its your hardware or some kind of virus slowing you down

4.00 GB (3.60 Usable) Processor,AMD E-3000 APU WITH RADEON(TM) HD GRAPHICS 1.30 GHz

Well your RAM is fine.
Your processer is a little on the slow side. FM reccomends at least 1GB and your just above that. That may be the problem. Processers dont come cheap though...

Only other option is to do a full system scan. If you dont have anti virus get it free form AVG. If theres anything there that might slow you down it will find it and prompt to remove it.

Well your RAM is fine.
Your processer is a little on the slow side. FM reccomends at least 1GB and your just above that. That may be the problem. Processers dont come cheap though...

Only other option is to do a full system scan. If you dont have anti virus get it free form AVG. If theres anything there that might slow you down it will find it and prompt to remove it.

When the specs for FM 2013 come out can you maybe do the forum a huge favour and post a sticky about Speed issues as im intending getting a new Laptop basically for FM and internet and i feel i've learned more about speed issues reading this page than searching the net for the past year and half.

In this years game i think 2020 is the best i've done but my current game has started to slow at 2016 but FM2011 i could get to 2022/24 no problem

When the specs for FM 2013 come out can you maybe do the forum a huge favour and post a sticky about Speed issues as im intending getting a new Laptop basically for FM and internet and i feel i've learned more about speed issues reading this page than searching the net for the past year and half.

In this years game i think 2020 is the best i've done but my current game has started to slow at 2016 but FM2011 i could get to 2022/24 no problem

Well I doubt the specs will change too much. There will be a minimal increase like there is every year but by and large there will be no drastic changes.

Im not a IT professional and I just know the basics about clocking, RAM, processers etc. Most of it iv figured out from my own pc troubles.

If your buying a new laptop i suggest the following for fm:
i3 or i5 intel processer. Usually between 2.3-3.1 GHZ clock speed
4-6GB RAM...no need for more. (most people think RAM is the most important but its not, its your processer)
at least a 512MB graphics card that is dedicated and not integrated. Will also handle Photoshop and movies quite well.
And of course your 802.11ac card. Thats for your wifi :)

This shouldnt set you back any more than €600 or £500 and that really is the entry price for a budget gaming laptop.

And worth noting that buying a new windows laptop you will be eligible to get a free upgrade to windows 8 after its release.

What he said ^

4GB of RAM is really the minimum to get FM performing at it's best, the more the better but not always necessary.

An i3, i5 or i7 processor would be ideal, i3 being the cheapest and i7 being the most expensive... But remember, you pay for quality!

And personally I'd say the graphics card is irrelevant unless using the 3D match engine, I just watch the commentary (even though I could watch it in 3D), as any graphics card in a new PC/laptop will run FM's minimalistic graphics.

I'd recommend a website called eBuyer, all brand new stuff (don't mix it up with eBay) and for really cheap! Can pick up PC's or laptops up with that spec at £300-£400.

Ok thanks Steve:),and also it might be because i'm playing on a laptop,also i don't know why but something that may be slowing it is the screen,,one minute it's hd and looks like your playing on a computer,then it's all squashed up and poor quality,which is weird...?

Last edited:
Ok thanks Steve:),and also it might be because i'm playing on a laptop,also i don't know why but something that may be slowing it is the screen,,one minute it's hd and looks like your playing on a computer,then it's all squashed up and poor quality,which is weird...?

That could be down to your graphics card. I cant be 100% on this but I think thats your problem.

Regarding your graphics card:
The AMD E-3000 come with integrated cards. So even though they say there 1.3 GB they have no dedicated memory. If your runnign anything that requires graphics up to 1.3GB of your 3.6 useable is taken away so your really only having 2.3GB useable ram. Afraid to say but your laptop will struggle to play any significant games and splutter through FM.

For anybody wishing to know about Graphics cards
:
Avoid Intel HD cards at all cost. They sound impressive having either 1 or 2 GB power. But this is taken from your overall RAM.
A 256MB dedicated AMD or Nvidia chip is far more effective alone compared to the intel brands.
Consider everything about the card before purchasing especially the frame rate it can offer.
If buying a new card make sure the rest of your hardware is up to scratch. If you have a top end card and poor processer you will burn out your CPU
Generally to determine how good a card is you take away the first number such as a 9460 card is 460 powerful. The first number is the series the card is in and not affecting its overall power.

If anybody has any questions please feel free to mail me.
In advance of FM13's release I will outline a few useful points for people who may be looking to get a new Pc and make sure they get the right equipment for the job.

How many stars do people reccomend is safe to go down to for a reasonably fast running game?

I got a 4gb ram and a pentium (r) dual-core CPU t4500 @ 2.30ghz. That's what it says exactly and mine runs slow I press continue and it just freezes an goes it's unrealistic but I wait like a min and it goes normal again but it's so frustrating anyone no why?