Game won't launch at all.

• Thread starter Thread starter Nedy08
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 3K

Nedy08

Reaction score
Whenever I launch the game it just displays the waiting to launch FM12 message and nothing happens after that. I can run this game on my laptop which has worse specs than my desktop but it won't work at all on my desktop. Can anyone help?

This happened to me on my laptop. I went 10 weeks without playing this game and could only play it when I fixed my old ( and very crappy) laptop. I tried contacting both steam and sports interactive but they couldn't help. I'm afraid you'll have to play it on your laptop buddy

try solutions in my help thread (link in signature)

try solutions in my help thread (link in signature)

Couldn't get any of those to work. Could you check my specs to see if for some reason the specs aren't good enough even though the specs on my desktop are better than on my laptop.

CPU: Intel Pentium 4 630
GPU: Some integrated Intel chipset
RAM: 2 gigs

As I said the specs on this are better than on my laptop so I don't know why it wouldn't work.

how odd. what speed is your cpu? A pentium 4 should be able to run FM but what speed is yours?

hmmm according to the system requirements that should work :/ try having no other processes running when you launch FM

Go online on steam. Right click on FM2012, go to properties, go to the local files tab and 'Verify integrity of cache'

What it does is it checks and makes sure all files are correctly installed. so it will scan current files and download anything missing.

Last edited:
hmmm according to the system requirements that should work :/ try having no other processes running when you launch FM

Just tried that and nothing. :(

@ Thunderstruck, I've tried that multiple times and got nothing.

Probably going to try the SI forums before I give up and just wait until I build a new computer.

my FM just finished downloading something, has yours? could fix the issue

my FM just finished downloading something, has yours? could fix the issue

The guys at the SI forums told me that I couldn't play this because I have no drivers for my graphics card due to it not having Windows 7 support. Thanks for the help guys! Might get a dedicated graphics card to hold me over for when I build my own PC.

Back