Game won't start

Status
Not open for further replies.

SotK

hates injury crises.
Reaction score
No matter which way I try, the game won't load. I have using the steam shortcut, tried opening steam and clicking launch with fm selected, tried finding the exe file in my steam directory and attempting to run that. No matter what I do, nothing happens visibly. I am running the game off an external hard drive through a USB port, but it has always worked in the past and the problem has only developed in the past few days.

Although nothing seems to happen, when I open task manager and look in the processes tab it says that fm.exe is running, and using up a good amount of memory as well (currently 167,923K, since I tried to run it and am still waiting for it to show anything on screen). However, when I look in the applications tab fm is not shown in there.

Has anyone else encountered this problem before? Does anyone have a fix to this problem?

Thanks in advance,

SotK

i have the exact same problem, have you fixed yours yet?

I have recently bought football manager 2011 and i've tried downloading it via the disc and steam, both of them will install but neither of them will launch, i've tried changing my resolution and editing the shortcut, neither of them have worked. Do you have any ideas on what i should do?

I have recently bought football manager 2011 and i've tried downloading it via the disc and steam, both of them will install but neither of them will launch, i've tried changing my resolution and editing the shortcut, neither of them have worked. Do you have any ideas on what i should do?
1. What is with the necroposting? Look at the dates of the first 2 posts... oO)
2. What are your computers specs? Is it a netbook?

Status
Not open for further replies.