• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 474

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
sGG8E.jpg

QPR owner and F1 chief Bernie Ecclestone tells BBC Sport it would send "a terrible message to the world" if any Premier League games are called off this weekend because of rioting.

More...

Shut up Bernie. There's more important things in life than football. Anyway, I don't like you.

Dude, what if rioters charge in the stadium/attack fans/throw stuff at the buses? Football might be the best thing in the world, but sometimes we have to put health and safety first.

No Bernie,If they riots continue and the games aren't called off the message to the world is "We care more about a game of football than then safety of the people."

He's more worried about losing money from not selling merchandise and tickets, and upsetting his upper class clients.

Sorry Bernie but a football game pales in comparison to whats happening in UK right now

If the rioting hasn't finished by the weekend, then we really are in the ****.

Should play the games anyway IMO, I somehow don't think 200-1000 rioters will aim to attack somewhere with 15-80k people tbh.

They will just get prawned, like when they tried to attack Millwalls stadium last night.

Tell you what I want to see any game that goes ahead to have ZERO trouble. Time for football fans to prove they don't need mass policing. And I pity the morons that get between Millwall fans and their Saturday afternoon punch up...

The 'riots' if that's what you can call them (they're actually hooligans and looters stealing things from shops) shouldn't stop the matches, in my opinion.

The fans are gonna be passionate about there team and won't take any trouble inside THEIR stadium. And the club can hire their own private security, maybe? At least the top/rich clubs?

Back