Gangneung City £19,999,999 challenge

• Thread starter FlamengosFMHero
  • Start date
  • Replies 10
  • Views 7K
F

FlamengosFMHero

The whole idea of this challenge is that you start of as Gangneung City, a really bad team in South Korea's 2nd division, the N-League, and you are given £19,999,999 to spend. The thing with this is, you have to get your transfers in quick, as on 1st September 2011, there is a 4 year transfer embargo, meaning no transfers at all.

Also, I am unsure of this, but I believe that there is a limit to how many non-Korean players you can have, so that makes it even harder.

The objective is to win the Asian Champions League as quickly as possible, a bit like Mike from Putting Your Football Manager Achievements on your CV did. Let's hope you can find a new **** Haibo! (for those who don't know, **** was a regen wonderkid striker who scored for fun in a **** team)

Good luck :)

Patched version

New version, I put the reputation up a lot so people would actually join, or there'd be no point, right?

New update:

I tried the last one, and still no one would join, so i bumped the reputation up to 10,000, and I also signed Carlos Fierro for the club, so he is there from the start, and you don't have to wait a year for him.

Who were you trying to sign when your reputation was low? I'm almost certain some people would have joined, perhaps the players you attempted to sign had too high reputations for the club? Also, IMO it defeats a main part of the challenge by putting it up to 10000. One of the main goals in FM is to win stuff and build your club's reputation over time, so that you attract better players.

are you suppose to start a bit into the season ? or from the start?

are you suppose to start a bit into the season ? or from the start?

Start it whenever you want, but start it before September 2011 or you can't make transfers for 4 years

Who were you trying to sign when your reputation was low? I'm almost certain some people would have joined, perhaps the players you attempted to sign had too high reputations for the club? Also, IMO it defeats a main part of the challenge by putting it up to 10000. One of the main goals in FM is to win stuff and build your club's reputation over time, so that you attract better players.

Yeah, but the first edit had only 2400 reputation I think, which is what they start on

There are 3 versions, the first one is on 2400 reputation, second is on something like 5000, third is 10000, so take your pick anyone

Going for the final one. Not liking the looks of this transfer embargo.... hopefully I'll get a **** Haibo through the youth. ;)

Is there any ruling on whether you can ask for more money or not?? or can you only have the amounts you start with?