Gary Cahill contract

• Thread starter Thread starter atomkins04
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2
  • Views Views 2K

atomkins04

Reaction score
I am managing Bolton, first season. I was given a transfer budget of 0 and a pittance as wage budget. My best player Chung Young Lee is out for the entire season and my team was devoid of creativity. So I tried to get rid of the dead wood and did some wheeling and dealing. At the end of it, I had brought in:

GK - Palman Iliev ( sold Bogdan )
MC - Ruben Yettregard Jensen and Harmeet Singh
Wingers - Mario Santana and Gaston Ramirez ( both loan )
Strikers - Liviu Ganea ( Klasnic is out for half a season )
RB - Hinkel free.

I am now left with a transfer budget of 1.3 million pounds and a remaining wage budget of 3000 pounds per week.
So I decided that I will shift half the transfer budget into wages and renew Cahill's contract ( currently on 40 k per week ) .

But during contract negotiations I found out that the maximum wages for key player permitted by my board is about 37 k pounds per week.... So what do I do ? Surely, Cahill will not sign for a lower salary..... I am now resigned to losing him. Is there anyway around this ?

If I generate some cash and recover some wage budget by getting rid of Ivan Klasnic ( on recovery from injury ), Mark Davies, Sam Ricketts and perhaps Zat Kinight, will the board permit me higher wages for key player ?

Have you tried asking the board for a higher wage budget? Otherwise try selling the players u mentioned, but only a certain % of transfer money goes to your wage/transfer budget.

Back