GB team for the Olympics

• Thread starter Thread starter shrewsfan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 2K

shrewsfan

Reaction score
Has anyone else managed the GB team for the 2012 Olympics? I got asked on my Liverpool save after finshing 2nd in the league in my first season.

Picked players from Sotland and Wales too which may not happen IRL but good to have likes of Bale, Ramsey, Rodwell and Wilson in the same team.

Got silver medal after losing to Brazil in the final 4-1

I applied for the job when it became available, however in their wisdom, the FA gave the job to Steve McClaren. Team GB went out in the group stages even with the likes of Rooney, Beckham and Terry.

It brought back memories of his last taste of international management. If only the FA had learnt their lesson the first time around...

View attachment 211186

Has anyone else managed the GB team for the 2012 Olympics? I got asked on my Liverpool save after finshing 2nd in the league in my first season.

Picked players from Sotland and Wales too which may not happen IRL but good to have likes of Bale, Ramsey, Rodwell and Wilson in the same team.

Got silver medal after losing to Brazil in the final 4-1

Same hahaha, Brazil, 4 - 1 in the final :(

I won it. Beck ham scored the winning goal in the final and promptly retired.

I also won it, though I did play Australia in the final (God knows how they got there, beating the likes of Spain!)

lost in the final after rooney got injured and another one of my players got himself banned for picking up too many yellow's over teh tournament when we played the semi final game.

I took the job at the same time as managing the England team. I left out players that played in Euro 2012 and went for youngsters from England/Scotland/Wales. Ended up winning the thing and incidentally, my best players were Bale, Naismith and Charlie Adam, totally outshining the English players in the side.

I got the job after winning the FA Cup with Wigan. Overage players: Hart, Rooney and Barry (as he can cover many positions).

Star of the tournament for me was either Rodwell, Rooney or Phil Jones.

Won it conceding a solitary goal, beating Brazil in the semi 1-0, and Japan in the final 3-1.

I had Beckham, Rooney and David James as my over age players. Whiltshire was my stand out player with 5 goals in the tournament player AMC or AMR and cutting in. Rooney did better as well playing AMR than up front on his own

Look forward to having another go on a different save if I get asked

I got a silver medal after losing 3-2 to Spain. Nearly in 2016 now so hopefully go all the way if I can get it again :)

beat spain in the final 2-1, my three overage players were hart, terry and gerrard.

usual line up was Hart
Walker Jones Smalling Wilson
Rodwell Ramsey
Sturridge Gerrard Bale
Welbeck

Gerrard was the star, 5 goals and 3 assists

I had Beckham, Rooney and David James as my over age players. Whiltshire was my stand out player with 5 goals in the tournament player AMC or AMR and cutting in. Rooney did better as well playing AMR than up front on his own

Look forward to having another go on a different save if I get asked

ITS SPELT WILSHERE!!! :D JACK THE LAD :D

Beat Brazil in the quarters, but lost to japan in the finals, thanks to John Terry... ******* commited a pen and got a red card for it in the 5th minute :(

Back