• Leverkusen

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Wolfburg

Votes: 3 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JLBfifa

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I have been following many stories on FM-Base and have finally decided to start my own.

I am undecided between 3 Bundesliga teams:

-Hoffenheim
-Leverkusen
-Wolfsburg

I would really appreciate you voting in the poll to help me decide which team to be! I have never actually managed a Bundesliga team on FM, so it will be an interesting journey. I Didn't want to be Dortmund and there are many stories on them and Bayern are obviously another popular team.

I will likely start my story either tomorrow or the next day, and my updates will probably be monthly (in-game). I hope you vote on the poll and look forward to my first story!

The results are in! I will be managing:

TSG 1899 HOFFENHEIM!

Last edited:
Hoffenheim :) they're the worse out of the 3 options.

Yeah, they would be a challenge but they have a strong team and a good GK in Wiese. They would be an interesting team to be, hopefully getting them into Europe.

As I would like to get the story up and running I will choose the top poll result at 6:30pm (The time now is 4:58).

hoffenheim for me because they have some financial muscle behind them, but not profile to use it so would be interesting to see how far u can take them

Out of those 3 id go for hoffenheim though tbh would of preferred you too do a story about Hamburgers :)

Hoffenheim it is! I will either start tonight or tomorrow :)

Thanks for voting but forget about the poll. (I don't think you can close it? I am still a noob :p)

BREAKING NEWS
ROOKIE BETTS NEW HOFFENHEIM MANAGER

View attachment 297710

"In a shocking hour, Hoffenheim manager Marco Kurz has announced he is leaving 1899 Hoffenheim with immediate effect. Many high-profile managers were rumoured to have been targeted by Hoffenheim - the leading candidate was believed to be former Holland player and manager Bert van Marwijk."

"The German league was shocked however when former England international Josh Betts grabbed the chance for his first job in Management. Betts however has been assured by the Hoffenheim board that they will fully back the inexperienced manager."

Welcome to my first Football Manager story, where I will be taking over TSG 1899 Hoffenheim - currently playing in the German First Division. Any constructive criticism is appreciated and I hope you enjoy the ride!

Hoffenheim History
View attachment 297722
As you can see the club has not had much to shout about in terms of trophies over the last few years; I'll be hoping to change that!

Squad Report
View attachment 297723View attachment 297724
As you can see the squad is relatively strong however there are some definite improvements needed. I will be looking for a wide midfielder and perhaps an attacking midfielder.

My Tactic
View attachment 297760
I won't be using anybody else's tactics as I make my own, This seems a rather sturdy tactic to start with.

Key Players

View attachment 297764View attachment 297772View attachment 297768
Some strong players in the squad. Tim Wiese is a fantastic Goalkeeper and I look forward to working with him. Andreas Beck is also a great right back. 3 other clubs are interested in him however I have just offered him a contract and he will hopefully accept. Finally, Nicklas Süle is looking like a great prospect for the future and should become a fantastic CB.

Breaking News
BECK PENS NEW 4 YEAR CONTRACT

Hoffenheim right-back Andreas Beck has penned a new 4-year contract, ending interest from German Champions Borussia Dortmund. New manager Josh Betts made Beck's contract one of his priorities:

"I'm delighted for the lad. He chose to stay where his heart was and thankfully for us he made the right decision. This is just one of the many decisions sending the club in the right direction."

Hoffenheim agree deal for Adryan

Betts has also already added a new addition to his squad - 17 year old Brazilian wonderkid Adryan. Hoffenheim and Flamengo agreed to let him go as Betts activated Adryan's £875,000 release clause. The transfer is set to be completed on August 10th 2012.

So that's the start of my Hoffenheim career. Thanks for reading and any criticism is appreciated.

(please ignore the attached file at the bottom; I am still new and it seems to be stuck there?)

BREAKING NEWS
HOFFENHEIM SIGN ERKIN
A second new signing for Hoffenheim manager Josh Betts; Versatile Turkish international Caner Erkin. He can play many positions on the left side of the pitch and can also play centrally. This is a second signing for Betts as his Hoffenheim reign continues. Will there be any more signings?
View attachment 298139

PRE-SEASON GAMES

The club's pre-season games were taken over by my assistant manager, Rainer Widmayer.

21/07/12
Go Ahead Eagles vs 1899 Hoffenheim
Go Ahead 0-2 1899 Hoffenheim
Johnson 61', Rudy 87'

28/07/12
SV Reid vs 1899 Hoffenheim
SV Reid 3-0 1899 Hoffenheim

02/08/12
SC Austria Lustenau vs 1899 Hoffenheim
SC Austria Lustenau 1-0 1899 Hoffenheim

04/08/12
FC Wacker Innsbruck vs 1899 Hoffenheim
FC Wacker Innsbruck 2-0 1899 Hoffenheim

12/08/23
U.B. Conquense vs 1899 Hoffenheim
Conquense 1-
3 1899 Hoffenheim
Joselu 6', Salihovic 50', Schipplock 82'

So overall a dreadful pre-season however we managed 2 wins. We were expected to win many of the games but were disappointing. Luckily though my assistant manager took control so when I start taking charge we will hopefully improve our form.

ADRYAN TRANSFER GOES THROUGH

1899 Hoffenheim have finally completed the deal to bring Brazilian wonderkid Adryan to the club. Manager Betts activated Adryan's £875,000 release clause on 21st July and the transfer has finally gone through.
View attachment 298150
BREAKING NEWS
HENRIQUEZ JOINS HOFFENHEIM ON LOAN

A third signing for Hoffenheim as talented Chilean youngster Henriques joins Hoffe on loan. Angelo Henriques has joined Betts until the end of the season on loan from Manchester United. Betts was clearly excited with his new signing in a recent interview:

"He is obviously a fantastic young talent. Thanks to Manchester United for allowing Angelo to join us on loan; hopefully he will help us in achieving this season's goals. It it unlikely we will end up purchasing Angelo however for the time being he will be a great signing"
View attachment 298151

NEXT TIME.....
-First competitive game in charge
-German Cup and Bundesliga begin
-Debuts for Henriquez, Adryan and Erkin?

Betts' first competitive game in charge

Großbardorf vs 1899 Hoffenheim
Gro
ßbardorf 1-1 Hoffenheim P 2-4
Henriquez 22'
View attachment 298489
Overall I am disappointed not to have beaten Großbardorf in normal time. We were just not clinical enough - we had 32 shots however only 8 were on target. Delighted however for Angelo Henriquez, grabbing a debut goal for the club. Tim Wiese made 2 important saves in the penalty shoot-out and we scored all 4 of our penalties. Really, a poor result however we are through and that's all that matters. The 2nd round draw is tough, drawing us up against either Werder Bremen or Aalen. I expect to face Werder Bremen. Next up in 6 days time was Dusseldorf!
Angelo Henriquez's goal also made him the youngest ever Hoffenheim scorer, at 18 years and 128 days.

Massive cup shock as holders Dortmund are knocked out on penalties by fourth division Lokomotive Leipzig!

Dusseldorf vs 1899 Hoffenheim
Dusseldorf 1-3 1899 Hoffenheim
Chris 9' (p.) Henriquez 54',73'
View attachment 298497

A great start in the Bundesliga! Things started off well, getting and scoring a 9th minute penalty. In truth it wasn't a one-sided game, but we finished our chances which Dusseldorf simply didn't. Again Henriquez is looking like an excellent signing, 2 headed goals today showing that he really has the lot!

TRANSFER WINDOW SLAMS SHUT!

View attachment 298501View attachment 298500
So as you can see the Transfer Window is now shut! In total we made 3 deals:
-Adryan from Flamengo; £875k
-Caner Erkin from Fenerbahce; £2M
-Angelo Henriquez from Manchester United; Loan deal

You can also see some big transfers from the Bundesliga and the Barclays Premier League.

NEXT TIME...
-First full competitive month in charge
-Games against Leverkusen, Stuttgart, HSV and BAYERN!

Any feedback or things you'd like me to do/write?