Germany team has fake players again after latest patch

askeyt

Reaction score
After the latest patch (12.0.4) the German national team has fake players again. I deleted the inc folder and it's been fine till the new update. I've deleted the inc folder AGAIN but Germany still using fake players.

Help please?

REmove the inc file from the update folder too.

What is the folder path? I can't find it!

C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\football manager 2012\data\db\1200
delete it

C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\football manager 2012\data\updates\update-1202\db

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\football manager 2012\data\updates\update-1202

This path doesn't have a db folder?

I hate when this happens; start a game, have fun, game updates...germany gone.

uuuuugh

i need help on this too, please somebody. i', on the last day to spend in your squad for the euro2012 and it would be nice to see germany have their real team lol.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\football manager 2012\data\updates\update-1202

This path doesn't have a db folder?
No, there won't be a db folder there, because the update did not include a database update. After patching you just have to delete the files from:
C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\football manager 2012\data\db\1200\lnc\all

As the game recreates them after patching. If you loaded your save after patching, without deleting them first, however, you are stuck with fake players AFAIK.

Hey I just made a simple script that will delete anything in the C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\football manager 2012\data\db\1200\lnc\all folder:

Code:
Dim fs, fo, files, folders, file, folder

Set fs = CreateObject("scripting.filesystemobject")
Set fo = fs.GetFolder("C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\football manager 2012\data\db\1200\lnc\all")
Set files = fo.Files
Set folders = fo.SubFolders

For Each file In files
    file.Attributes = 0
    file.Delete vbTrue
Next

For Each folder In folders
    folder.Delete vbTrue
Next

Just open notepad, paste that in and save it as a .vbs file. Then use windows task scheduler to run it automatically as you see fit. I have it set to: If my computer has been idle for 1 minute, and on logon. This script will not be very processor heavy at all so it shouldn't matter too much if you go overboard. :p
If your FM12 folder is in a different place, don't forget to edit the path in the script so it matches.

There you go - never worry about forgetting to delete the fake files again. Until, a new DB update is released anyway, after which you will have to make another script to delete the update's inc\all folder.

Last edited:
So there isn't a solution?

other than recreating a new save, there isnt another way to make the germany players appear in your current game even after you delete the lnc files

other than recreating a new save, there isnt another way to make the germany players appear in your current game even after you delete the lnc files

Not what i wanted to hear, but nevertheless at least now i know...

Thanks for everyone's responses

Pretty weird that I did all this, started a new save and then still nothing. Annoying this....

Definitely something SI could improve on.