prigrajf

Reaction score
GERMANY WORLD CUP 2010

View attachment 330697

It was in the year 2010 in South Africa, when the national team of Germany produced some magnificent piece of football to watch. The're was just something magical about they're style of play. So this is my implemetation to FM 14.

FORMATION

They ligned up like this:
View attachment 330696

As you see, it's a 4-2-3-1 deep formation. It’s based around a few basic principles:
1. a solid defensive foundation in the back four;
2. a double pivot system through the defensive midfielders that works to switch play between attack and defense;
3. a front four which works to overload opposing defenses and catch teams on the break.

ROLES

GK: Sweeper Keeper on defend duty

LD/RD: Full Backs on automatic duty

CD: Central Defenders on defend duty

DM: 1x Deep Playmaker and 1x Defensive MC, both are on support duty

AM: Advance Playmaker on attack duty

AML/AMR: Wingers on support duty

ST: Poacher

TACTIC

TEAM INSTRUCTIONS

-Retain Posssession
-Pass in to Space
-Run at Defence
-Play Narrower,
-Push Higher Up
-Hassle Opponents
-Use Offside Trap

We play a high defensive line and press the opposition, to win the ball or forcing a mistake, so we can launch a counter attack. We don't just always hoof the ball forward and hope for the best. If there is no good chance to counter, we will try to retain possession. The full backs are expected to bomb forward when needed. The Wingers are expected to get back and help the defence. The AM and ST have less defensive responsibilitys.

Used the tactic on a standard pitch, team talks to assistant. Used only OI's show on to weaker foot for wingers, no others are needed, as they're already set in PI's of tactic. Basicly it's a Plug and Play tactic. I also included an away version, for the games where you're a big underdog or you want to preserve a 1:0 lead at the end of games.

POSIBLE TWEAKS WHEN BEHIND:
I always leave everything alone till the 70' minute. Then I push the defensive line even higher. If that doesn't work I change the mentality to overload for the last 10 minutes. (Isn't bullet proof plan and suggestions are welcome)

Hope you enjoy the style of play that the tactic produces and would apreciate you post you're feedback :) Cheers

P.S. Sorry for my bad english and lack of screens. My laptop for some reason doesn't alow me to take screens, so sry again.

VERSION 2.0

So I'm uploading the second version off the tactic, with some changes in player roles and team instructions. I think that this version of the tactic is more consistant and more solid in defence. We ligne up like this:

GK: Sweeper Keeper on defend duty

LD/RD: Full Backs on automatic duty

CD: Central Defenders on defend duty

DM: 1x Deep Playmaker on defend and 1x Ball winning MC on support

AM: Advance Playmaker on attack duty

AML/AMR: Defensive Wingers on support duty

ST: Advanced Forward

TEAM INSTRUCTIONS

AWAY

Mentality: Conter
Fluidity: Balanced

-Retain Posssession
-Pass in to Space
-Get stuck in

HOME

Mentality: Attack
Fluidity: Balanced

-Retain Posssession
-Pass in to Space
-Get stuck in
-Play narrower

OI's are show on weaker foot for Wingers and Full backs (are alredy set in the tactic). So in this version we play a normal/deepish defensive line and are aggresive in tackles to win the ball.

How to use:
If slight favorite or underdog I play with away version.
If clear favorite or behind by 1 goal in 70' minute I play home version. If behind more then 1 goal at halftime, I change to home version.

To preserve a lead:
If playing with home version change to away for the last 10-15 minutes of game. If playing away version change the mentality to defend for the last 10-15 minutes.

Last edited:
Sry uploaded wrong versions, updated the downloads, sry :)

So anyone had any succes with it? Currently testing v2, with a deep line and some other changes. If anyone wants to try and test PM me.

Edit: scratch the deep line, no consistant results with that. Just uploaded v2 of the tactic.

Last edited:
Going to give this a try with Arsenal over the weekend looks very interesting.