Gerrard behind Torres in AMC role.

• Thread starter Thread starter nicholls
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 2K

nicholls

Reaction score
Playing formation with Gerrard in AMC role just behind single striker.

Player instructions are those for box to box midfielder from TT&F. Much creative freedom and free role. Passing set to direct. Forward runs often.

Beginning of the season he was playing brilliantly, now he gets the odd high 7 or low 8, but more often than not now pulling in between 5.5 and 6?!!

Hadn't changed his instructions so mystified by drop in ratings.

Tried changing forward runs to mixed with no joy. Changed his settings to AMC from TT&F and still no joy.

Advice please...

as in real life players go through slumps in form, just give him a rest for a couple of games and let him "earn" his way back into the team!

or drop him to reserves for a week or two!

as in real life players go through slumps in form, just give him a rest for a couple of games and let him "earn" his way back into the team!

or drop him to reserves for a week or two!

The way he is playing think thats what I'll have to do.

Thinking about it though it isn't just Gerrard it is who ever I play in that position. Had one game last night and I'd got fed up with Gerrards bad performances so I dropped him to the bench and played Benayoun there instead, but after 60 minutes and rating of 5.8 brought Gerrard on, who finished match with 5.6!!!

Last edited:
i've had problems with this position...when i first started my DRFC game Richie Wellens was undoubtedly my best player but was just awful when i played him there...and now im in premiership im having the same problem with Delph!

change your tactics to another formation all together, have like a home and away type of setup (if u dont already)

i had this tactic i play and was winning pretty much every match, then with the same players just started losing - makes no sense and is very frustrating, so i changed to another tactic for a while, lost some more (and won a couple) takes some time getting used to, then changed back to original and worked fine agian

they just seem to get complacent after a while.

my advice, change it up!

i've had problems with this position...when i first started my DRFC game Richie Wellens was undoubtedly my best player but was just awful when i played him there...and now im in premiership im having the same problem with Delph!

Glad I'm not the only one.

I'm beginning to think the opposition are just man marking the AMC out of the game, but I would have thought that with Gerrards stats this would not be as easy for the opposition as it appears to be?!

Anyone else out there who plays an AMC with continued success?

Back