• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 24
  • Views Views 1K

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
sGG8E.jpg

Steven Gerrard is close to returning to the Liverpool first team after five months out with a groin injury.

More...

Will be good to see him back in the team, though we've proved we don't need to rely on him anymore.

Gonna be hard to get back into the starting 11 for Stevie!

He's Steven Gerrard. He's always gonna be in Liverpools first team

Not necessarily, the midfield has been brilliant the past few games. Especially Adam and Lucas in the centre.

Gonna sound strange from Everton fan, but miss seeing Stevie G strutting his stuff in midfield. Always liked him a lot for his passion, playmaking, mint goals. However I fear he's going to pay the price for his injuries

Stevie G > Hendo so the latter will drop to the bench while Kenny evaluates the captains recovery status I reckon.

Such an inspirational player for us and can't wait to see him on the field again.

Be interesting to see if he can return to form, he's been on and off for agesssss

Interested to see how he plays, I don't think he'll walk straight into the first team though just yet.

........Lucas.........Adam.......
Suarez...Gerrard...Downing
.............Carroll...................

Is how I hope to see it when he's back, I don't care what anyone says, if he regains full fitness and form, he is an exceptional player and one of the two best players in our squad.

So, so, so excited to see him back in action.

I think it'll definitely help him to have a better quality squad around him. Before, he suffered a bit from Fabregas syndrome, in that he was such an influential player the club may have played him a bit before he was ready, hardly conducive to good form and injury-free seasons. Now, with this better squad in excellent form, he'll be phased in when ready, not before.

We're far from reliant on him now, we've got a full quality squad, and goals can come from everywhere in our team. Four games without him, three wins and a draw. Obviously he still gets into the team, probably over Henderson, but Adam's picked up a wee injury so call of duty for Steven.

I think it'll definitely help him to have a better quality squad around him. Before, he suffered a bit from Fabregas syndrome, in that he was such an influential player the club may have played him a bit before he was ready, hardly conducive to good form and injury-free seasons. Now, with this better squad in excellent form, he'll be phased in when ready, not before.

Agree. The amount of times he's played for us when 70% fit etc, just because of the poorness of the squad is unbelievable. It'll help him immensely having such a strong squad now. As you said, he can now be eased in when ready, because as shown this season, we're nowhere near as dependant on him anymore.

Back