Gerrard faces three-week lay-off

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 345

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard will be out of action for three weeks after a scan revealed a torn hamstring.

More...

Just read the article...

The midfielder will now miss Saturday's match against Portsmouth, England's friendly against Spain next week and the visit of Manchester City.

Will be interesting to see who Benitez considers Gerrard's replacement to be. I'm thinking Lucas but hoping Pacheco might get a subs appearance. :D

Not the worst matches to miss, but a bit dubious about whether it will be 3 weeks out after the whole Torres thing.

babel or benayoun should get a chance know

Apparently he may miss Real Madrid too :P

Apparently he may miss Real Madrid too :P

Yeah, that will be touch and go. Time for the team to actually step up again now so I'm not too concerned, although losing a worldclass player for 2 or 3 games is always a pita.

It's a big blow for Liverpool and for there title challenge because Steven Gerrard seems to be the backbone of the Liverpool squad. The upcoming games against Portsmouth and Man City are games Liverpool need to win to keep up with Man United at the top as it seems Man United are winning even without playing at there best.

Maybe rafa will get some backbone and play 2 up front. We might finally see Torres and Robbie Ke....o wait

Maybe rafa will get some backbone and play 2 up front. We might finally see Torres and Robbie Ke....o wait

:D I'd be truly worried if Rafa started to use 4-4-2 as his regular formation - then I'd know he'd truly lost the plot. Keane could never play in Gerrard's position in 4-2-3-1 and with Torres up front. Keane couldn't even manage the front striker role.

3 games isn't long, and it will probably give him a break he needs without the numpties of our support whining about him not playing.

We'll see what effect the loss against the blues has done to the team soon enough I guess. Hope it's had the effect of a real hard kick up the backside.

Back